Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

KU Archives

How to Make the Most of Your Meal Plan

By Lilimay Bangoy
August 21, 2014 - 12:47pm

It's time for freshman move-in day, which means lots of time eating on campus!  Now, as a freshman, I made my fair share of mistakes when it came to my meal plan, but I’ve learned and I’m going to share some of my sage advice with all of you!  Freshies especially, I don’t want you to end up with no meals and an empty wallet at the end of the semester, so listen up. 1. Pick your meal plan wisely READ MORE

Your First Week of Freshman Year as Told By Disney

By Laura Lyndall Fagen
August 19, 2014 - 11:08am

This is it- your first week of college. You're packed and ready to start your life and you're about to experience a lot of firsts and a lot of first-time feelings like: You're here! Campus is gorgeous and you're moving into your dorm today! You get to your dorm room- how do you fit it all in?
And your parents look at you and say "We have to go now." You're sad for a moment... and then realize you have your whole life ahead of you! READ MORE

A Playlist for an Incoming Freshman

By s883t856
August 17, 2014 - 12:24pm

Being a college freshman, something I really struggled with was my confidence. I was in a new place, surrounded by new people and doing new things. I was entirely out of my comfort zone but quickly discovered who I was as a person. I am no longer the girl I was in high school and I attribute that entirely to being at a position in my life where I can truly explore my beliefs, who I am and what I want. Before I left the house every morning, my mom would send me off to school and say, “Know who you are and what you stand for.” Although I thought I knew what the phrase meant, I had a very shallow understanding until I was able to leave the nest. READ MORE

Five Things I Wish Someone Would Have Told Me About Sorority Recruitment

By Shelby Ostrom
August 17, 2014 - 11:49am

This post is dedicated to all of you women who are getting ready to embark on an experience like no other: sorority recruitment! I know you all are probably extremely nervous, excited and every emotion between. So, here today, a few of my fellow Greeks and myself are here to alleviate some of you worries about one of the most exciting weeks of your life. 1. Do Stay Positive First, we should talk about what to expect going into the week in general and a few tips and tricks on how to make the best of it. There is a chance that this will probably be one of the longest, but best weeks, of your life. However, you shouldn’t be too upset if it doesn’t turn out that way....

Confessions of an Incoming Freshman

By Anna Meyer
August 12, 2014 - 3:42pm

Change is a healthy and necessary part of life, yet periods of transition are some of the most nerve-wrecking times one can experience. Humans are creatures of habit and as soon as things feel comfortable our first instinct is to stay put and continue with our current lifestyle. But if you’re like me and you’re one of the hundreds of incoming freshman students, you’re probably feeling like all aspects of familiarity are crashing around you and pushing you towards your next big life stage of college. Suddenly every relative and neighbor has a piece of advice for you on studying and roommates, a family meal isn’t complete without a discussion on college finances and you’re starting to compare prices on Twin XL bed sheets with your Mom at Target....

8 Signs You Can't Wait to Get Back to Lawrence

By Laura Lyndall Fagen
August 8, 2014 - 2:57pm

1. You can't get the Rock Chalk Chant out of your head 2. And you feel the need to yell "Rock Chalk" at everyone wearing Crimson and Blue 3. You have been craving Dollar Night... 4. And pizza at The Wheel after. READ MORE

Why We Should All Come Out

By Callie Byrnes
July 30, 2014 - 12:23pm

Today I’m taking the chance to come out… as a feminist. Okay, cue the rolling of the eyes, either because using the phrase “come out” was kind of a cheap trick to get attention or because… well… you know. Feminism. READ MORE

KU Orientation Assistant Series: Cornelius U-Jean Baker

By Laura Lyndall Fagen
July 23, 2014 - 11:36am

Name: Cornelius U-Jean Baker Year: Junior Major: Behavioral Neuroscience Hometown: Wichita Twitter Handle: @BakerCorn Activities you are involved in: KU Dance Marathon – Recruitment & Morale Committee, Allyship Workshop – Student Facilitator, Student Senate – On-Campus Senator, Student Housing – Oliver Resident Assistant, Office of Admissions – Multicultural Recruitment Team READ MORE

Be a Her Campus KU Organization Representative!

By Laura Lyndall Fagen
July 19, 2014 - 1:11am

Have an interest marketing and online media? Do you love promoting brands and telling people about awesome opportunities? What about KU people, events, beauty, women’s health, and most importantly, the University of Kansas? Her Campus KU is looking for Organization Representatives to start in this Fall!

Duties READ MORE

Book Review: Mrs. Poe

By Laura Lyndall Fagen
July 18, 2014 - 12:37pm

This weekend, I attended the Her Campus InterCollegiatte Conference. This experience was amazing and I'm sure you're going to see some more posts about all of the fun that Her Campus KU had! One thing that made the conference even better was the awesome goodie bags that each attendee received. Included in these bags were Milani make up, Bobble water bottles, Luna Bars and books. One book that everyone received was "Mrs. Poe" by Lynn Cullen. READ MORE