Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

KU Archives

An Open Letter to Coffee Megan Tiger

By Megan Tiger
October 23, 2014 - 11:37am

Dear Coffee, READ MORE

A New Old Way to Communicate

By Abby Fields
October 23, 2014 - 8:00am

I'm in the midst of a quarter-life crisis. Since I started at KU last fall, I have had a plan. I am pursuing a Bachelor of Sciences in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology. I have done undergraduate research since my first semester, and my faculty mentor has started to plan for me to take on my own project. The plan is to get a publication to make myself a more impressive grad school applicant. This is how you become successful in research. But I realized that I'm preparing myself perfectly for a career that I don't want. I don't believe in research as it exists today. READ MORE

Talking Style with Chic Collegiette, Paige Krug

By Anna Meyer
October 23, 2014 - 8:00am

Even before you have your first conversation with KU freshman Paige Krug (@thats_sopag) you can tell that she is a bubbly, funny, and artistic kind of girl. The way that she chooses to present herself accurately reflects the original person that she is, and she is known around campus for having a kind of style that stands out among the rest. Whereas many students will go along with whatever the typical trend on campus is, Paige will kiss the standard look goodbye and flaunt a unique style that has heads turning. In appreciation of this, I asked Paige some questions to find out more on how she views fashion and where she gets inspiration for her standout style. READ MORE

All Eyes on the Brows

By Maya Porter
October 22, 2014 - 10:03am

It’s been said many times in magazines, commercials and you’ve maybe even said it a few times yourself, but it’s true. Eyebrows are the frame of the face. Not only do your brows give your face some major definition, they are also a part on your face that is completely under your control. They are one of your beauty assets that you can alter to your liking with minimal damage. Dying your hair is fun but is not always a great choice if you want to keep your hair healthy. Cutting your hair differently will have you feeling fresh and new, but after the cut is done, you have to wait a bit to change it again. Eyebrows, on the other hand, give you much more freedom and flexibility. Although brows seem small they can make a difference and shouldn’t be something...

Hayley Loufek

By Emily Lenherr
October 22, 2014 - 9:56am

Hayley Loufek isn’t afraid to dream. Any individual who has spent time with Hayley knows this fact to be true. She is, at her core, someone who challenges and believes in the most inspirational and important ways possible. A senior majoring in English with a pre-med interest, Hayley dares to see the world with ultimate optimism. A transfer student, Hayley found herself drawn to KU, drawn by the people, the places, the ideas that reflected off of the campus and made it all seem electric and possible. READ MORE

10 Fall Nail Polish Colors You Have to Try

By Danielle S. Peterson
October 22, 2014 - 9:55am

As the fall season progresses, I’m sure we have all begun to put away our summer clothes and break out our fall wardrobes. Bid your final goodbyes to all the exhilarating neon colors of the summer that we know and love. It’s now time to say hello to all of the rich fall colors that seem to never go out of style. Along with switching up our clothing choices, it’s time to start changing our selection of nail polish colors, to further echo the wonderful colors fall has to offer. As inspiration for the next time you decide to paint your nails, here’s a list of ten of my favorite fall nail polish colors. 1. Red (official name: “My Old Flame”) READ MORE

John Garland '18

By Caroline Kane
October 21, 2014 - 3:20pm

Name: John Garland Major: Business ​Twitter: @jgarland1995 Hometown: Grayslake, Illinois Relationship Status: Single Favorite Color? Blue READ MORE

Favorite Fall Recipes

By Erica Richardson
October 21, 2014 - 3:16pm

The temperature is going down and my cravings for comfort foods are quickly approaching. Fall is the best time to try out some seasonal dishes. Between hot chocolate, soups, and pies, this season’s foods are simply delectable. Here are a few of my favorites: Pumpkin Pancakes   This time of year, there is pumpkin-flavored everything, but the best pumpkin-flavored delight I’ve come across has been these delicious pancakes. Breakfast doesn’t have to be boring with these hotcakes! Here’s what you’ll need READ MORE

The Tree Hill Ravens Have Returned

By Jordan MacGillivray
October 21, 2014 - 3:15pm

Sorry everyone, but as far as I know there will not be a new season of One Tree Hill anytime soon. However, in the previous week some of our favorite Ravens came together for an exciting reunion…in Paris! OTH stars Sophia Bush, Bethany Joy Lenz, Hilarie Burton, James Lafferty, and Paul Johansson have reunited for a fun night out on the town. These photos were posted on Instagram:   READ MORE

She's the First* {KU}'s First Annual Tie-Dye Cupcake Bake Sale!

By Devan Schaly
October 21, 2014 - 1:47am

This is our biggest fundraising event of the semester! We will be baking Tie-Dye Cupcakes and selling them for $1 each at a variety of locations here in Lawrence. All proceeds go directly to benefit a girl on her journey to higher education.
10/26: Milton's Cafe (901 New Hampshire St.) from 9:30am-12:30pm

10/27: College Hill Pizza Pub (1200 Oread Ave.) from 4pm-8pm

10/29: Kansas Union from 10am-1pm

10/30: Legends Place Bus Stop from 7am-1pm

10/31: Lawrence Arts Center from 4pm-8pm 11/1: Walmart on Iowa Street from 11am-5pm READ MORE