Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

KU Archives

Tips for Attending a Wedding (and what to wear)

By Kaitlin Obermeyer
April 24, 2014 - 10:58am

It’s that time of year again when weddings come about. Many of us are at that point in life when our friends are getting hitched. I just photographed a good family friends wedding and thought I would share the cute dresses and colors that are in this spring. Here are some tips every woman should know about before attending a wedding. 1.This is the most obvious tip and I hope everyone already knows this. DO NOT wear anything that is predominantly white. Even if there is another color in it, don’t do it. You don’t want to upstage the bride. 2.Try and find out what the bridesmaids will be wearing. You don’t want to show up in the same colors looking like part of the wedding party! READ MORE

All about Kate Middleton

By Jaeyoon Nam
April 24, 2014 - 10:05am

All over the world, people’s eyes are watching the gorgeous British royal couple, Prince Williams and Kate Middleton. Recently, they are on a royal tour 2014, and I could not resist making a list for Kate’s style. Kate Middleton always looks stunning. She is classic, ladylike and her style never disappoints with an elegant style fitting in her role being the Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge. What I like the best about her style is she still looks bright and young with classic look. We don’t seem quite fit into classic styles yet, but it's good to learn and apply for when we become older.  READ MORE

2014 Spring Campus Trends

By Sue Redican
April 24, 2014 - 9:54am

There are some serious trends circling around that are in dire need of being addressed! First of all, tennis skirts have officially taken over here at KU, unless the women’s tennis team has decided to draft a few extra hundred people. This style has been spotted at campuses like Mizzou and Drake University and has finally made its way to Kansas. Girls are matching them with simple tees and tanks to give a bit of an extra spin to their simple attire. READ MORE

Kamala Johnson '15

By Callie Byrnes
April 23, 2014 - 2:12pm

Name: Ms. Kamala Johnson Hometown: Wichita Major: Speech, Learning and Hearing Classification: Junior Relationship Status: Single Campus Activities: Member of the Black Student Union KU chapter. READ MORE

The Less You Reveal The More People Can Wonder

By Justine Powls
April 23, 2014 - 1:36pm

Dear Ladies,             You don’t need to show your boobs or your butt to get attention from a man. Yes, I know- you’ve heard that a million times before. It’s the truth though. If I can’t tell the difference between a pair of your shorts and a pair of your swim bottoms, you should probably invest in a new pair of both. Also, if you’re one of those girls that come from what I like to call “Spillage Village” then you should probably invest in either a bra or a shirt that fits too. READ MORE

Graduation Guide: A Guide to Lawrence

By Kelsey Barrett
April 23, 2014 - 1:27pm

It is that time of year where graduation is upon us. Finishing internships, prepping for finals and living out the bar-crawling days to the fullest are just a few of the things seniors have on their minds. Family and friends of our soon-to-be graduates have some preparation to do too. Where to stay, eat, shop and explore are common things visitors to Lawrence should consider. Downtown is full of great food and places to shop, but the choices can be overwhelming to someone who has never been here before. This is a guide to Lawrence hot spots with recommendations from students to help visitors navigate the best of our college town. Share this with your friends and family so they don’t miss out on the best of Larryville....

Ballin' on a Budget

By Kaitlin Obermeyer
April 22, 2014 - 10:44am

Being fashionable in college is hard. We have to spend money on books, classes, gas, and of course, the Hawk. It can be very tempting to throw on gym shorts and the free t-shirt you got at the game or orientation. Here’s how to stay fashionable on campus and save some money. The shops below all have certain articles of clothing that are generally cheaper than at the other stores.  $10 tank. The sale rack at Urban Outfitters. Typically Urban is a bit more expensive. However, the more you dig around the more you find.  READ MORE

Celebrate the place we live in: Earth Day

By Minseon Sunny Kim
April 22, 2014 - 10:39am

On April 19, there was an Earth Day Celebration parade and festival at the South Park and along Mass Street. Families and kids were sitting on the corner of Massachusetts Street, waiting for the parade to start. Once the parade began, some students in the parade were playing Beatles’ music, some people were dancing, waving at each other and shouting “Happy Earth Day!” It was such a nice day to just sit out under the sun and see little kids riding bicycles, smiling and waving at you with flowers in their hands. READ MORE

The Do's and Don'ts of Getting an Internship!

By Shelby Ostrom
April 22, 2014 - 10:32am

I have heard of so many people who are getting internships this summer. From my peers to some adults that I know— heck, even I have one. So, today, in preparation for your future, I wanted to give you all some tips on how to get a rocking internship!   As well as some of my tips, here are some other great ones!  Do Apply Everywhere You Can READ MORE

Whats your favorite section to read on Her Campus KU?

By KU Contributor