Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

KU Archives

Thrifting: Fear Not

By Melanie Kopitke
October 2, 2014 - 10:06am

We’ve all walked up and down the sweater racks in thrift stores for our ugly Christmas sweaters or to find some high waisted jeans to cut up, but have we stopped to consider that there is actually some great steals hiding beneath the shoulder pads and oversized jean dresses? Thrift store racks can be intimidating and quite daunting with the amounts of clothes squeezed on them, but for every 20 awful garments there is that one great piece just waiting to be found. As a college woman, I can honestly say that I have a shopping problem, and the only way that I can afford my shopping problem has been with the help of some seriously awesome local thrift stores. I take pride in my finds and I’m especially pleased with the small price I’ve had to pay....

Rachel Seitz

By Emily Lenherr
October 2, 2014 - 9:51am

Rachel Seitz, at her very core, is a scholar. Brilliant and wise, Rachel is the kind of individual who initiates great change. A senior double majoring in English and anthropology, Rachel is no stranger to a challenge. An honors student, writing her thesis, Rachel is always on the go. More than anything, Rachel is a beam of optimism. To all those who know her, Rachel is the kind of person who can handle anything. She’s supportive and kind and always there for those who need her. She dreams great dreams, and it’s impossible not to believe in her. READ MORE

10 Reasons Why Tina Belcher is Everybody's Spirit Animal

By Callie Byrnes
October 2, 2014 - 9:37am

I've never really cared much for TV, but from what I've heard, everyone and their mother has seen Bob's Burgers at least once. Which actually confused me in a lot of ways, because why the heck is everyone raving about a cartoon family who owns a burger restaurant? Seriously, what kind of premise is that? I remained skeptical for a long time, but when I started noticing all of the posts online about Tina Belcher and why bloggers believed she could be the next feminist icon, I couldn't resist. I had to see what all the fuss was about. And I was surprised. READ MORE

5 Stars You've Probably Forgotten About That Are Coming to LFK!

By Devan Schaly
October 2, 2014 - 9:28am

As I was scrolling through The Granada's website (thegranada.com) and looking at their upcoming shows, I found myself Googling names, clicking a random song and going "ohhhh!" Hopefully this serves as a great throwback for all of you as we dig a little deeper in to what may have possessed these people to want to come to our little hole-in-the-wall that is The Granada. READ MORE

What Your Chipotle Order Says About You

By Shelby Ostrom
October 1, 2014 - 8:00am

If you’re anything like me, you probably love Chipotle and eat it WAY too much. And, if you’re even more like me, you probably analyze what exactly your order says about you. So, this week I decided to let you in on a little secret: what your chipotle order really says about your personality.  Quesarito photo credit: http://goo.gl/Z6MB31 READ MORE

Why Your Youtube Faves Are Problematic

By Kathy Hammer
October 1, 2014 - 8:00am

Recently there has been a blow up on Twitter with people coming out with accusations of things like rape or sexual assault from popular Youtubers. The first is Sam Pepper, who just this past week released a three-part series advocating for awareness of sexual assault against men. But the public became out raged because the videos, in their essence, were just him filming sexual assault. That and how could he be advocating against sexual assault? READ MORE

Connor Johnson '18

By Caroline Kane
October 1, 2014 - 12:59am

Name: Connor Johnson Major: Photography Hometown: Overland Park Relationship Status: Single What is your favorite color? My favorite color is definitely blue. When did you get your first piercing? I got my first piercing when I was 16, and it was my earring. What’s the story behind your tattoo? My tattoo is based off of street art by the artist Banksy and this was my favorite one. READ MORE

People StyleWatch’s Celebrity Stylist on Campus Tour is headed to KU’s Union Plaza!

By Laura Lyndall Fagen
September 30, 2014 - 8:55pm

We’re more than a month into our semester and things are getting hectic. With midterms coming up, plus all of your student orgs having tons of events, it’s hard to find time to plan your outfits. People StyleWatch – our favorite brand for accessible celeb style – will take the worry out of your wardrobe with the Celebrity Stylist on Campus tour, coming to the Union Plaza on October 7.     READ MORE

5 Creative Ways to Pay Your College Tuition

By Elena Cleaves
September 30, 2014 - 9:48am

Let’s face it: tuition is expensive. Too expensive. Like, “I’m going to be drowning in debt the rest of my life” expensive. After countless FAFSA forms and heavy interest rates, it’s only reasonable to look for a better way to pay for school. Sure, you could spend hours upon hours filling in the blanks on dozens of scholarship applications or working three waitressing jobs, but let’s be honest: you’ve totally thought about doing some of these instead. 1. Stripping READ MORE

Talking Style with Chic Collegiette, Sophie Milstein

By Anna Meyer
September 30, 2014 - 9:40am

KU freshman Sophie Milstein (@sophandsuch) is known for a lot of things, such as her impeccable taste in music, her unique sense of humor, and her friendly extraversion that makes her incredibly easily to get along with. In addition to all of her charismatic traits, Sophie can be seen on campus flaunting a personal style that has us style-crushing hard. Her looks appear effortless and ideal for whatever adventure she finds herself in. Most likely to been found in a pair of olive green Converse and her Warby Parker frames, you’ll never find her sacrificing her personality and standout style for whatever is the most common trend on campus. In admiration of her indie and down to earth look, I asked her a few questions about how she views style and what it...