Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

KU Archives

DIY: Monogrammed Pumpkin

By Shelby Ostrom
October 24, 2014 - 9:47am

Hey ya’ll! I’m so excited that I get to continue with this awesome series of DIYs, probably just because it means I get to browse Pinterest and the Internet looking for fun ideas that would love to do and I know you will too! This week I decided that I want to show you guys how to do a glitter letter pumpkin. I’ve seen this a few places, so it’s not completely my idea, but I thought I would still show you guys how to make one in your own style! photo credit: http://goo.gl/aZOeAQ Time: about 30 minutes READ MORE

MAC Goes Back: Rocky Horror Picture Show

By Melanie Kopitke
October 24, 2014 - 8:37am

Just in time for Halloween, MAC has introduced its new Rocky Horror Picture Show-inspired collection featuring bold and outrageous colors. With deep reds and intense purples, the collection perfectly encaptures the 1975 film with its statement hues. MAC has created a full collection to satisfy the darkness within you and offers a full range of products that are not limited to just the Halloween styles. You can find the whole collection here, and below are a few of my favorites.  READ MORE

The Best and Worst of Spotify

By Devan Schaly
October 24, 2014 - 8:00am

Spotify is gaining a lot of popularity as the end-all, be-all music application for anyone and everyone. You can stream music, create playlists, use their genius radio and follow what your Facebook friends are listening to. I have Spotify Premium and absolutely love it, so I'm going to give you the pros and cons of what I've seen from using Spotify and leave the rest up to you. 1.    You can download it: You can download it not only on your phone, but also on your desktop. The nice thing about this is that it’s one less tab to bog down your web browser. READ MORE

An Open Letter to Coffee Megan Tiger

By Megan Tiger
October 23, 2014 - 11:37am

Dear Coffee, READ MORE

A New Old Way to Communicate

By Abby Fields
October 23, 2014 - 8:00am

I'm in the midst of a quarter-life crisis. Since I started at KU last fall, I have had a plan. I am pursuing a Bachelor of Sciences in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology. I have done undergraduate research since my first semester, and my faculty mentor has started to plan for me to take on my own project. The plan is to get a publication to make myself a more impressive grad school applicant. This is how you become successful in research. But I realized that I'm preparing myself perfectly for a career that I don't want. I don't believe in research as it exists today. READ MORE

Talking Style with Chic Collegiette, Paige Krug

By Anna Meyer
October 23, 2014 - 8:00am

Even before you have your first conversation with KU freshman Paige Krug (@thats_sopag) you can tell that she is a bubbly, funny, and artistic kind of girl. The way that she chooses to present herself accurately reflects the original person that she is, and she is known around campus for having a kind of style that stands out among the rest. Whereas many students will go along with whatever the typical trend on campus is, Paige will kiss the standard look goodbye and flaunt a unique style that has heads turning. In appreciation of this, I asked Paige some questions to find out more on how she views fashion and where she gets inspiration for her standout style. READ MORE

All Eyes on the Brows

By Maya Porter
October 22, 2014 - 10:03am

It’s been said many times in magazines, commercials and you’ve maybe even said it a few times yourself, but it’s true. Eyebrows are the frame of the face. Not only do your brows give your face some major definition, they are also a part on your face that is completely under your control. They are one of your beauty assets that you can alter to your liking with minimal damage. Dying your hair is fun but is not always a great choice if you want to keep your hair healthy. Cutting your hair differently will have you feeling fresh and new, but after the cut is done, you have to wait a bit to change it again. Eyebrows, on the other hand, give you much more freedom and flexibility. Although brows seem small they can make a difference and shouldn’t be something...

Hayley Loufek

By Emily Lenherr
October 22, 2014 - 9:56am

Hayley Loufek isn’t afraid to dream. Any individual who has spent time with Hayley knows this fact to be true. She is, at her core, someone who challenges and believes in the most inspirational and important ways possible. A senior majoring in English with a pre-med interest, Hayley dares to see the world with ultimate optimism. A transfer student, Hayley found herself drawn to KU, drawn by the people, the places, the ideas that reflected off of the campus and made it all seem electric and possible. READ MORE

10 Fall Nail Polish Colors You Have to Try

By Danielle S. Peterson
October 22, 2014 - 9:55am

As the fall season progresses, I’m sure we have all begun to put away our summer clothes and break out our fall wardrobes. Bid your final goodbyes to all the exhilarating neon colors of the summer that we know and love. It’s now time to say hello to all of the rich fall colors that seem to never go out of style. Along with switching up our clothing choices, it’s time to start changing our selection of nail polish colors, to further echo the wonderful colors fall has to offer. As inspiration for the next time you decide to paint your nails, here’s a list of ten of my favorite fall nail polish colors. 1. Red (official name: “My Old Flame”) READ MORE

John Garland '18

By Caroline Kane
October 21, 2014 - 3:20pm

Name: John Garland Major: Business ​Twitter: @jgarland1995 Hometown: Grayslake, Illinois Relationship Status: Single Favorite Color? Blue READ MORE