Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

KU Archives

Campus Celebrity : Chanté Gossett

By Cherilyn Farris
April 17, 2014 - 10:19am

Photos by Crystal Farris READ MORE

My Story: What I learned From the Squat Challenge

By Jazmine Polk
April 17, 2014 - 10:08am

If you have a Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest, you have probably come across the “Squat Challenge.”  The Squat Challenge is a 30 day squat schedule that involves increasing the number of reps every day.  The advertisements for the challenge use slogans like “Do you want a bigger butt” or we are shown a picture of a woman with a round derrière with the subtitle, “she squats.”  All are attempts to get women to join in on this booty-obsessed craze. READ MORE

The Biggest Loser

By Kelsey Stoskopf
April 17, 2014 - 9:58am

Eonline.com There are many things wrong with the picture of 24-year-old Rachel Fredrickson and I could have you play that game where you circle all the mistakes, but I think the biggest mistake in this picture is the fact that she is wearing a Biggest Loser shirt. Now in no way am I bashing The Biggest Loser because to be perfectly honest I watched it every single Tuesday night and even more embarrassing, cried at every single episode. READ MORE

14th Annual Earth Day Parade & Celebration in Lawrence

By Minseon Sunny Kim
April 17, 2014 - 9:22am

The Lawrence Earth Day Celebration works every year to educate residents, businesses and surrounding communities regarding the importance of responsible environmental policies, raise awareness of each individual’s impact on the natural environment, and highlight actions each person can take to make Lawrence and Douglas County a more sustainable and eco-friendly place to live. PARADE FOR THE EARTH 
Saturday, April 19, 11:00 a.m.  The Parade for the Earth is hosted by KU Environs, and will go from Buford Watson Park to South Park along Massachusetts Street. Staging for the parade begins at 10 am. READ MORE

Tyler Shelton '16

By Callie Byrnes
April 16, 2014 - 8:37am

Name: Tyler Shelton Year: Sophomore Major: Architectural Design Relationship status: Taken Campus involvement: Not nearly as much as I'd like, but I work at the Anschutz Library serving coffee. What song describes you best? "World at Large" by Modest Mouse What's the best way to spend a Friday night? Heading to a pool bar with some friends or a quiet night indoors with an instrument or a book. READ MORE

5 Hilarious Women You Should Be Following on Social Media

By Justine Powls
April 16, 2014 - 8:30am

Here are my top 5 favorite women to follow on social media: 1) Kelly Oxford Author of Everything Is Perfect When You’re A Liar screenwriter and twitter sensation   Twitter- @kellyoxford Instagram- kellyoxford 2) Jenny Mollen Writer for Cosmo Magazine READ MORE

7 Easy Ways to Clean Up Your Facebook Profile

By Shelby Ostrom
April 16, 2014 - 8:19am

This past Monday I was struck with an awesome idea that I knew I would have to tell you all about. Spring cleaning seems to be a right of passage for many adults and students here at KU. But, have you all ever thought what a good idea it would be to clean up your social media? Here are seven great tips to help you get started.   Update! READ MORE

Did you participate in The Big Event 2014?

By KU Contributor

The Big Event 2014

By Sue Redican
April 15, 2014 - 11:36am

After months and months of preparation and anticipation, Saturday, April 12 has finally arrived, and the weather couldn’t be more perfect for spending the day outside. Quentin Aker, the member of operations for The Big Event at KU, as well as around 40 other people involved, was ready with an optimistic and excited attitude for the day ahead of him. The Big Event is a large organization that brings together many on-campus organizations to unite on the same day and give back to the city of Lawrence by volunteering with homeowners who may need help around where they live. There is a lot of planning and preparation that goes into just one day of volunteering, especially since it can be a little chaotic. READ MORE
...

Jacklynn Endsley '14

By Awista Kamwand
April 15, 2014 - 11:30am

Name: Jacklynn Endsley Twitter: @heyjacklynn Major: Communication Studies Year in School: Senior Relationship Status: Single Hometown: Las Vegas, Nev. Campus Activities: Promotions Staff for KJHK, worked backstage for KU Theatre the past three years as well! Activities Outside of Campus:  Work, internship with Mother Earth News. I’m their social media intern. Other than that I like to hang out with friends in my off time. READ MORE