Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

KU Archives

HC KU Loves Our Back-To-School Survival Kit!

By Laura Lyndall Fagen
October 19, 2014 - 10:33pm

Her Campus KU is so excited for our Back-to-School Survival Kit!! We are so lucky that every semester we get two survival kits that make it so much easier to get through this crazy thing called college. So we want to say thanks for all of the great gifts we got (plus, show you what goodies we are going to be giving away to our readers this semester! First, for food we got some wonderful snacking options. Chipotle made sure to give us ten buy one get one gift cards! What’s a better date night than two burritos for the price of one? We also got some delicious mini Luna Bars for some healthy snacks while we study. READ MORE

KU Symphony Orchestra's Annual Halloween Concert

By Devan Schaly
October 19, 2014 - 3:09pm

Join the KU Orchestra for their annual Halloween Concert! Costumes, candy and great music. We hope to see you there! READ MORE

You Won't Sleep After Watching These...

By Jordan MacGillivray
October 19, 2014 - 1:26pm

Halloween is right around the corner, and what better way to embrace the season than watching scary movies! If you are anything like me, you enjoy seeking out the scariest of all the scary and ranking them with ones previously watched. As a “professional scary movie watcher” here is a ranking of some of THE scariest movies of all time. 1.     "The Shining" (1980) READ MORE

DIY: Pumpkin Painting

By Shelby Ostrom
October 19, 2014 - 1:18pm

Since Halloween is coming up in a few weeks and fall is one of my favorite times to be crafty. I thought that I would share a few different ways to decorate your pumpkins without carving them. This week, as a start, I’m going to show you how to paint them to perfection. It’s very simple and will probably only take you about 30 minutes to do. Let’s get started! What you will need: A Pumpkin: doesn’t matter the size, just one that you feel comfortable painting! READ MORE

5 Signs You're Having A Quarter Life Crisis

By Callie Byrnes
October 18, 2014 - 1:31pm

In case you’ve been living under a rock for the past few decades (or, you know, in your Netflix queue), here’s a newsflash for you: life is hard. As college students, we juggle classes, clubs, jobs, internships, social lives and the growing dread that comes with actually having to start making life decisions that affect more than just how hungover we are the next day. It’s pretty easy to distract yourself from it at first, but the closer you get to graduation, the more you realize that you actually probably have no idea what you’re doing with your life. READ MORE

Kandee Johnson: 7 Costume Make-up Tutorials

By Melanie Kopitke
October 18, 2014 - 1:17pm

Kandee Johnson is a Youtube celeb, make-up guru, and all around fashion expert. She's most well known for her make-up tutorials, and in the Halloween spirit she's got some character inspired make-up tutorials that might help pull your whole costume together.  READ MORE

7 Ways to Make it Through the Rest of the Semester, As Told By The Gilmore Girls

By Megan Tiger
October 18, 2014 - 1:12pm

Now that Fall Break has come and gone in Lawrence, Kansas, it means us Jayhawks are in the home stretch. The final leg of the semester can be the most difficult. Between cramming in group projects, Fifteen extra textbook chapters, and last minute tests, life can get very stressful. This half of the semester is all about keeping your focus and motivation. But have no fear Christmas carols are just around the corner and before you know it 2015 will be here. So who better to give life tips then the Gilmore Girls?  READ MORE

Eric Soper '18

By Caroline Kane
October 17, 2014 - 3:53pm

Name: Eric Soper Major: Clinical Laboratory Science Hometown: Lenexa, Kansas Relationship Status: Taken Why did you choose clinical laboratory science as your major?  I have always really liked doing experiments in science class and clinical laboratory science is a very hands on degree. Why did you choose KU? My parents and my sister went here, so I guess I've been indoctrinated into KU, plus I really love the campus. READ MORE

Let Your Brown Leather Riding Boots Rest

By Maya Porter
October 17, 2014 - 3:01pm

It’s safe to say that college girls have a special place in their heart for tall riding boots. Just like “Ugg Boots” in our middle school years, these shoes have been a loyal item in your closet that you just can’t seem to let go. For some, riding boots have become a necessity and almost a nightmare to live without. But have we closed ourselves off from all the other adorable ways to dress up our feet in the winter? There are many pros that come with sporting your favorite riding boots. Aside from the style aspect, the winter durability these shoes have is unbeatable. And if you go to any shoe store once fall rolls around, you are bound to see endless rows of riding boots in all the colors and sizes you can dream of....

The Best (and Worst) Halloween Candy

By Lilimay Bangoy
October 17, 2014 - 2:58pm

Halloween is coming up, and you know what that means?  Well, besides finding a sexy/hilarious/whatever costume.  It’s time to go shopping for candy!  With Target and a whole bunch of other stores offering tons of candy at dirt-cheap prices, it might be hard to pick the right kinds of candy.  Let’s be real, unless you’re buying candy for yourself, getting the right candy is (figuratively) a matter of life-or-death, especially when you’re giving said candy to a horde of little Elsa's and Spidermen.  So here’s a list of the best (and worst) Halloween candy! The Worst Candy READ MORE