Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

KU Archives

KU Orientation Assistant Series: Cornelius U-Jean Baker

By Laura Lyndall Fagen
July 23, 2014 - 11:36am

Name: Cornelius U-Jean Baker Year: Junior Major: Behavioral Neuroscience Hometown: Wichita Twitter Handle: @BakerCorn Activities you are involved in: KU Dance Marathon – Recruitment & Morale Committee, Allyship Workshop – Student Facilitator, Student Senate – On-Campus Senator, Student Housing – Oliver Resident Assistant, Office of Admissions – Multicultural Recruitment Team READ MORE

Be a Her Campus KU Organization Representative!

By Laura Lyndall Fagen
July 19, 2014 - 1:11am

Have an interest marketing and online media? Do you love promoting brands and telling people about awesome opportunities? What about KU people, events, beauty, women’s health, and most importantly, the University of Kansas? Her Campus KU is looking for Organization Representatives to start in this Fall!

Duties READ MORE

Book Review: Mrs. Poe

By Laura Lyndall Fagen
July 18, 2014 - 12:37pm

This weekend, I attended the Her Campus InterCollegiatte Conference. This experience was amazing and I'm sure you're going to see some more posts about all of the fun that Her Campus KU had! One thing that made the conference even better was the awesome goodie bags that each attendee received. Included in these bags were Milani make up, Bobble water bottles, Luna Bars and books. One book that everyone received was "Mrs. Poe" by Lynn Cullen. READ MORE

Orientation Assistant Spotlight: Becca Levine

By Laura Lyndall Fagen
July 10, 2014 - 3:55pm

Name: Becca Levine   Year: Junior Major: Religious Studies major and Jewish Studies and Leadership Studies minors Hometown: St. Louis, Missouri Activities you are involved in: KU Hillel, Undergraduate rep for Department of Religious Studies, Alpha Delta Pi, First-Year Experience, Jayhawks for Israel   READ MORE

Houston: New Sports Capital of the US?

By Taylor Bjerke
July 8, 2014 - 2:30pm

I just have to say, I am beyond thrilled for the future of Houston sports. Being a Texans fan, it was hard to watch the disappointing NFL season that led Houston to ranking at the very bottom of the league. The Texans along with the other Houston-based teams have had somewhat of a rough patch recently. However, things are starting to look up. Photo credit via abcnews.go.com READ MORE

KU Orientation Assistant Series: Jordyn Cox

By Laura Lyndall Fagen
July 6, 2014 - 5:18pm

Name: Jordyn Cox Year: Senior, Class of 2015 Major: Anthropology and Italian with a minor in theatre Hometown: Wichita, KS READ MORE

The Best #ThingsTimHowardCouldSave

By Laura Lyndall Fagen
July 2, 2014 - 12:29pm

By now, we've all heard of the devastating defeat that knocked the United States out of the World Cup yesterday. Despite the painful end, one player stood out among the rest and became a US legend overnight. US Goalie Tim Howard saved sixteen goals during the game- a record high for the last 50 years that the stat has been recorded. Even better- he inspired the #ThingsTimHowardCouldSave hashtag, which is probably one of the best things to hit the internet. Here are just a few #ThingsTimHowardCouldSave Kanye from being a fool: READ MORE

Milan..New York...Kansas City?

By Cherilyn Farris
June 23, 2014 - 11:26am

Kansas City is constantly stepping it up. We may be living in the Heart of the Midwest but there is no lack of style here. Last Saturday, 18th Street in Kansas City, Mo. was flooded with hundreds of spectators eagerly awaiting the start of the annual West 18th Street Fashion Show. This year's show, Ceremonial Summer, was comprised of 14 local designers each showcasing five pieces. From some of the more abstract pieces to the more ready-to-wear styles, many of the works paralleled the trends that have been seen on larger runways around the world this season.  READ MORE

15 Movies You Probably Forgot About

By Justine Powls
June 16, 2014 - 3:33pm

There are a ton of movies that come out all the time and sometimes it's hard to keep up! I mean, really, at this point in your life, you've witnessed about 20 years (or more) of movie madness. So what about all of those VHS movies when you were a kid— where did they go? Personally, I find it extremely upsetting that the VHS isn't a thing anymore. I blame my lack of current movie knowledge on the loss of VHS players; for some reason, when they left the movie scene, so did I. So, for summer reminiscing or rewatching purposes, here are 15 movies that you most likely forgot about until now: 1) The Land Before Time Littlefoot was always our favorite... READ MORE

Anxiety Gal Conquers London

By Sarah Kramer
June 3, 2014 - 7:17pm

It's just past midnight and I'm sitting in bed in my flat in central London. Everything is quiet. It's a Sunday night, and even the usual honking of cars and screeching of ambulances down High Kilburn Road has stopped, maybe for the first time since I arrived five days ago. Waking up every morning and remembering that I'm in England for the next two months is such a strange and incredible feeling, but it's even more impressive when I think about who I was and how I felt a year ago and how traveling thousands of miles to a different country by myself was something I'd never thought I'd be able to do in my entire life.    READ MORE