Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

KU Archives

Cindy Nguyen '16

By Amber Rayl
October 31, 2014 - 11:15am

Name: Cindy Nguyen
Twitter: @CindayLouHoo  From: Salina, KS Age: 20 Birthday: August 17, 1994 Year: Junior Graduation Date: May 2016 READ MORE

Be YOU This Halloween

By Megan Tiger
October 31, 2014 - 11:12am

I think, in general, everyone has happy memories of Halloween growing up, unless you are one of those people who hates anything scary and are scarred for life. Halloween used to be about having the best costume on the block and getting the best treats. But somewhere down the line, right before college, that seemed to change, and Halloween turned into a contest of who can wear the most revaling costume. READ MORE

Warby Parker and Why You'll Never Find a Better Pair of Glasses

By Anna Meyer
October 31, 2014 - 11:09am

Finding the perfect pair of glasses can be an immensely tiring act. Frames from retailers that a college student can realistically afford are generic, boring, and often unflattering, while the frames that you actually want can easily be over $300. To find a pair that flatters your face shape, works with your wardrobe, and reflects your personality can feel like a never-ending search, and it’s easy to throw in the towel and purchase the same black Ray Ban pair that everyone else already has. But as if our prayers have been answered, glasses designer and retailer Warby Parker has recently gained popularity and recognition around campuses nation wide. READ MORE

Sex Talk: HCKU's Craziest Sexcapades

By Laura Lyndall Fagen
October 30, 2014 - 1:35pm

Last month, we asked some of our members to share with us their wildest sex stories. We counted down our favorites- check out numbers 13 through 6 this week, and check back next week to see the Top 5! 13. Monday Funday "I got way too drunk on a Monday for my friend's birthday and then went to spend the night with a guy I was seeing. I ended up puking on his bed, desk and floor. He took me home the next morning and refused to kiss me goodbye." 12. The Study Abroad Scandal READ MORE

Writing: The Terribly Important Truth

By Justine Powls
October 30, 2014 - 9:26am

Here’s to all my fellow writers out there reading this: DON’T GIVE UP. Here’s why, my dears- READ MORE

Francesca Haynes '17

By Leah Albee
October 30, 2014 - 9:22am

Name: Francesca Haynes Twitter Handle: @Frankiehaynes  Instagram: @Frankiehaynes Year: Sophomore Major & Minor: M- Psychology m- Human sexuality Relationship Status: Single Gender Identity/ Preferred Gender Pronouns: Cis female, she/her/hers Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual Hails from... Overland Park, KS READ MORE

As if the 90's are Over

By Maya Porter
October 30, 2014 - 9:19am

The 1990’s were a pivotal time in the fashion world. This decade brought us some fashion statements and icons that we wouldn’t be able to live without. If your ultimate dream closet involved chokers, Doc Martens, high-waisted Levi’s and oversized plaid-shirts, specifically to be worn tied around the waist, you are definitely a 90’s girl at heart. If you get up in the morning and want to channel your inner Beverly Hills 90210, have no fear. Like it’s been said many times, fashion repeats itself and the 1990’s are making a huge comeback. Here are a few of the most important outfits of the 90’s that are gone but never forgotten. 1.       Cher from Clueless. READ MORE

10 Reasons College Students Were Cats In a Past Life

By Shelby Ostrom
October 30, 2014 - 9:15am

1. We really like sleep, sleeping is our favorite  2. We try to be cool, but it just doesn't work sometimes  3. We get distracted while trying to be adults  4. We work really hard, but sometimes we just can't achieve our goals  5. We like to distract ourselves in the bathroom so we don't have to go back to class  READ MORE

Christina Ostmeyer '16

By Leah Albee
October 29, 2014 - 5:25pm

Name: Christina Ostmeyer Twitter Handle: @ChrisOstmeyer       Instagram: chrisostmeyer Year: Junior         Major & Minor: M-Journalism emphasis in Strategic Communications, m- Global and International Studies, Peace and Conflict Studies Relationship Status: Taken Gender Identity/ Preferred Gender Pronouns: Cis female, she/her/hers Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual READ MORE

Must Hear Popular Song Covers

By Jordan MacGillivray
October 29, 2014 - 5:14pm

If you are an avid music listener, you may know that most of the time “covers” of original, popular songs usually don’t live up to the hype as their prior. However, these songs are arguably better than the originals and have to be shared with the world. 1.    "Pursuit of Happiness" by Lissie The original Kid Cudi hit really put him on the map for many people, but this cover by Lissie is a mix of Lana Del Rey and Adele. The deep tones in her voice make you truly feel the emotion behind the song, whereas the original slightly skates over the meaning of the song. Check out her other songs; they’re ingenious. READ MORE