Annie Landis ’16: Campus Cutie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Annie Landis, a sophomore at KU, spent her spring break exploring London and all it has to offer. She loves musicals and wants to travel the world as much as possible. In her free time, Landis loves reading and listening to music. Keep reading to learn more about this week’s campus cutie! 

Name: Annie Landis

Hometown: Silver Lake

Year in school: Sophomore

Relationship status: Single

Major: English, with a minor in journalism (news & info)

Interested in: Men

Campus involvement: I’m a Rudi, which is an interest group for Sigma Iota Alpha. I’m president for it. I used to be in SUA, but not anymore. I was a Hawk Link guide last summer, and I’m going to do it again this summer for orientation.

Why did you choose to come to KU? Oh gosh. I don’t really know. Honestly, I knew since I was younger that if I was going to go to college, it would be KU.

What did you do for spring break? I went to London with The London Review, which is with the honors English program at KU, and had a ton of fun!

What is your best quality? I’m really smart.

What’s your worst quality? Anxiety.

What song do you currently have on repeat? “Falling Slowly” which is a song on the soundtrack of the musical “Once.” I saw it live while I was in London and it was beautiful.

Who is your favorite professor at KU so far? Mary Klayder. She was the director of our London trip, so she is awesome.

Favorite food? I love Lebanese food.

Favorite drink? Tea.

What about your favorite alcoholic drink? Sex on the beach!

What is something that most people don’t know about you? I spend a lot of my free time reading.

Favorite book? Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. It is British literature which is my favorite genre, and it is from the gothic era.

What about your favorite movie? Les Miserables

What are your favorite qualities in a guy? Someone that is smart and funny. I love a good laugh.

Three words that best describe you? Outgoing, rambunctious and lively

What is your biggest pet peeve? People who smack their gum.

Biggest fear? Not living up to the expectations that I’ve set for myself.

If you could see any band in concert tonight, who would it be? Ed Sheeran.

Last, but not least, if you could wake up tomorrow morning, hop on a plane, and travel wherever, where would you go and why? The Netherlands because I want more exposure to different countries in Europe.