This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Name: Alli Meyer

Year: Freshman

Age: 18

Major: Broadcast Journalism with a minor in performance Theatre

Relationship Status: Single

Hometown: Topeka, KS

Favorite Color: Yellow

Favorite Movie: “American Beauty” (with Kevin Spacey)

Favorite TV Show: It’s a mash-up between “American Horror Story” and “Futurama”, I’m currently on season nine with Futurama but AHS is so fantastically weird.

Dream Vacation: Greece

Dream Place to Study Abroad: France or some country in Europe

Where do you see Yourself in 10 Years? Definitely nowhere near Kansas but nowhere big either (like NYC), but I’ll probably be working too.

Favorite Band/Artist: Metronomy (because I love their disco-jazz type sound and that everyone plays every instrument in their band) and Modest Mouse (because they have so many different sounds and they’re simply amazing).

Dream city to live: Portland, Oregon because it’s not too big but has a lot of opportunities

Favorite Disney Character: Princess Aurora (a.k.a. Sleeping Beauty) because when I was little I made my Grandma play that movie practically on repeat, I would literally watch it like three times a day and one of my first Halloween costumes was an Aurora one.

Favorite Movie Genre: Indie Drama because I love independent films and how they focus on more simpler story lines but have a more developed subplot and they make you think more.

Favorite Thing you Brought from Home? My coffee maker, coffee is everything and I drink about three cups a day and it’s this perfect little pot.

Best childhood memory: One Christmas my uncle got my sister and I these huge teddy bears and I was like ‘I didn’t want a teddy bear!’ and he told us to open the backpacks on them and inside were Gameboys with some games and I was so excited because I had really wanted one!

What has been most exciting since going to KU? I LOVE the Spencer Art Museum, which was odd since I had never thought much of it before but my Art History class taught me a lot about culture and people and students definitely need to go there at least once.

Video Games or Board Games? Older video games like super Nintendo games (no PlayStation up in here!) and Mario Kart or Super Smash Bros. (where her top characters are Pikachu or Zelda/Sheik).

Major Interests:

– I love fashion, one of my favorite things to do is to go to second hand shops like Salvation Army or places like Arizona Trading Co. and find cute vintage pieces to make modern and I’d love to write for a fashion magazine someday with advice on how to dress.

– I also love to watch movies, like, I watch a movie a day, and it’s ridiculous. I’m a Netflix addict, like most all college students.

– I also like singing, I did choir in high school and I’ve written some songs and have been working with some friends who are starting a recording business called Vivid Zebra, which is pretty awesome.

What standout trait makes you YOU? I’m a pretty unique person, one of the things I’m most proud of is that I can make friends with almost everyone and that I’m really good at being there for people.

Penguins or Puffins? Penguins 

Photos provided by Alli Meyer. 

As a Disney, dog, and superhero enthusiast I live for the outdoors (particularly my homeland foothills) and the unreal where adventures and the ridiculous are quite obtainable and/or practical.