This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

It’s been said many times in magazines, commercials and you’ve maybe even said it a few times yourself, but it’s true. Eyebrows are the frame of the face. Not only do your brows give your face some major definition, they are also a part on your face that is completely under your control. They are one of your beauty assets that you can alter to your liking with minimal damage. Dying your hair is fun but is not always a great choice if you want to keep your hair healthy. Cutting your hair differently will have you feeling fresh and new, but after the cut is done, you have to wait a bit to change it again. Eyebrows, on the other hand, give you much more freedom and flexibility. Although brows seem small they can make a difference and shouldn’t be something you fear experimenting with. There are many different eyebrow options to try out that can give your face a whole new look. Whether you aspire to be like eyebrow icons Cara Delevingne or Lily Collins or choose to go all natural, always remember to embrace your eyebrows.

1.       Strong and Bold.

“I only pluck my brows and fill them in with black eye shadow. My advice is to find the right brow shape for your face because they really do make a difference. It took me like a whole year to get my brows to shape I wanted them. On the daily I just use a brow brush to put it all into place and then fill them in. It’s pretty simple but I’m lucky because I have dark brows as it is, so I don’t have to do too much.”

Maia Horn, junior. (@maia_renee)

2.       Subtle and Rounded.

“I typically get my eyebrows threaded to keep them looking nice. I brush my eyebrows into place, tweeze any extra hairs, fill them in and brush them one more time so it all can blend. My tick with filling in my eyebrows is to go from light to dark from the beginning of the eyebrow to the back so it looks natural.”

Ngina Nzwilli, junior. (@nginnnna)

3.       Dark and Natural.

“I get my eyebrows waxed and arched every two to three months and tweeze them in between to keep them clean. During the weekdays I fill them in with an eyebrow pencil and on the weekends I use Benefit’s Brow Zing. I try to match my natural eyebrow color, not too dark. I go for a simple and clean look, but have the noticeable quality of a full brow. Going to the Benefit Brow Bar to get a consultant on how to do your brows is very helpful!”

Erin Fowler, junior. (@EFowls)