6 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Wear Leggings Everyday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

College is all about 8 a.m. classes and being comfortable, but it’s important to remember that comfort may come at a price. Leggings can be a great thing to throw on early in the morning, just keep in mind that they, like everyone else, have their downsides.

1) You don’t notice that you are gaining weightLeggings will stretch with your body. If you wear them everyday and then try and put on your black skinny jeans before you go to The Hawk, it’s not going to work.

2) It’s not professionalOur professors could be connections to future careers. Present yourself like you want to learn. You can’t even try to put a blazer on with leggings.

3) What if they rip?It happens. Trust me, I’ve seen it.

4) Men will stare at your butt“Well, why is that a bad thing?” you may ask. You don’t want to be the girl known for that juicy booty. Men will not respect you at all.

5) They really aren’t that slimmingEveryone says black is the best way to look skinny, but that only works with jeans or dress pants, not pants that will hug all of your luscious curves.

6) You can’t wear black shirtsUnless you want to be a ninja.

This woman pictured below failed that day. Her leggings are a bit too sheer.

On Lululemon, the most expensive pair is 108 dollars. I know they are great quality, but I bought some fleece leggings for eight dollars and they are wonderful.

Leggings are not pants. Remember that. I know that they are comfortable but they should be worn in moderation. But when you do wear them, cover your behind and your front side. I have unfortunately seen way too many pink floral underpants because of see-through leggings.  

I saw a funny video on Youtube about how men check out girls butts all the time. Definitely check it out.