photo of corn field
photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash

5 Ways to Relax this Thanksgiving Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Thanksgiving break really could not come at a better time, for most of us anyway. It is like a two-second breather before finals. Professors pile on the papers and exams right before Turkey Day, and then you come right back, and welcome to finals. So between the stress of professors overwhelming you with group projects and finals, the KU gods, or the Pilgrims and Indians (however you want to look at it), created Thanksgiving Break. Unplug your mind from school, leave your laptop in Lawrence, and get some well earned enjoyment. So wherever you are headed this Thanksgiving break relax and enjoy. 

1. Enjoy the time with your family. Life moves quite fast these days, enjoy the time with your loved ones while you have it. Embrace the questions, “So how’s school?”, “Are you seeing someone?”, “What do you want to do after school?”,  just try and stop yourself from screaming. 

2. Eat everything. Thanksgiving is THE BEST holiday for food. Eat everything you see on the table. Just remember you’ll be back to ramen noddles and pizza next week. 

3. Wear comfy pajamas all break. Just like these: http://www.hercampus.com/style/catwalk-campus/9-pj-sets-lounge-thanksgiving-break Relax you are home. 

4. Watch good movies or some good football. Whatever your in to whether it be movies or football or both, tune in and check out. 

5. Get yourself in the Holiday spirit. Whether you do some holiday shopping, listen to some holiday tunes, or watch the snow fall out your window, enjoy your days home.  

Native East Coaster but born and raised all over this beautiful world. A lover of photography, traveling, a good story, and of course social media. You can always find me studying Journalism and Global and International Studies while day dreaming up a new adventure.