5 Twitter Accounts You Should Follow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

These five Twitter accounts are full of useful tools and advice for collegiate women. Get your daily dose of confidence, community and education by adding these accounts to your newsfeed.

1. @TheIndieChicks

The Indie Chicks is a self-empowerment magazine for women. It covers topics about love, beauty, style, health and careers. If you ever need a girls night but can’t hang with your girls, this site will fill you up with advice. By following this account, you get updates on related articles and chances to win giveaways.

2. @Femfessionals

Femfessionals is a community for aspiring businesswomen. You can learn about entrepreneurship, branding and new developments in technology. Femfessionals is about creating a network for driven women to collaborate and gain necessary skills to be successful. There is a blog that provides reviews of businesses to share within the community.

3. @BigHitCourses

BigHit Courses is similar to Femfessionals in that it educates women on entrepreneurship. You can learn about other women’s stories and pieces that will help you write your own. The blog has a lot of helpful articles but the main attraction of BigHit is the courses they offer. The online courses do cost money, but are beneficial if you are interested in learning straight from a professional.

4. @TEDTalks

TED Talks is a great resource for a range of topics with over 1,600 talks available. These are not only helpful for learning about new things, but also for observing good speakers. The more speeches you watch, the more you can pick out good and bad qualities that can be useful for perfecting your own speeches.

5. @BuzzFeed

BuzzFeed is always a good choice to throw into your feed. For those times when you need a mental break, BuzzFeed offers news on celebrities, road trip advice and a multitude of self-quizzes.

Junior majoring in journalism and minoring in business at the University of Kansas. Experience as an entertainment correspondent for the University Daily Kansan and news writer for Her Campus, with an emphasis on lifestyle writing. CO Campus Rep. Dabbles in the art of love letter writing for More Love Letters.lawrencefoodie.wordpress.com