This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

With the upcoming season quickly approaching, there are many exciting things we are all looking forward to: Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice Lattes, sweater weather, no more boob sweat walking to class, and of course, my personal favorite, the return of many fall shows! I know many of you are excited to stay in on Fridays and catch up on the latest and greatest episodes, so it’s time to get your DVR ready for some amazing television time.

(Spoiler warning from past seasons!!)

Scandal (ABC)

Premiere: Thursday, Sept. 25

The notorious Olivia Pope returns after the shocking season 3 finale. Olivia has runs off with Jake to start a new life, while Fitz has just won another four years as President. The season 4 trailers have been released, revealing the question “Where is Olivia Pope?”

Grey’s Anatomy (ABC)

Premier: Thursday, Sept. 25

After the season 10 shocker when Meredith told Derek that she isn’t leaving Seattle, and Christina officially out of Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital, we were all anxious to see where the story would lead us. Could this truly be the end of Meredith and Derek? Another shocker was the announcement that Meredith has another half-sister, this time from the relationship between her mother and Richard. I think we will see that relationship unfold this season.   

Revenge (ABC)

Premiere: Sunday, Sept. 28

The end of season 3 left us with many unanswered questions and two wicked deaths. Emily, who swore that we would never see her again, put Victoria in a mental hospital. Victoria killed Aiden Mathis, and Conrad Grayson was left lying in the middle of a road dying by the one and only David Clarke. Yes, that David Clarke. With the scandalous announcement of David Clarke being alive, what will that bring of Emily and their relationship? Will the story pick up where it left off? Or will we have a whole new scheme unravel?

The Vampire Diaries (CW)

Premiere: Thursday, Oct. 2

Season 5 ended on a rocky note for Elena. Her recent breakup with boyfriend Damon Salvatore left her in a bad state, and now has a drug problem.  Stefan is in his own world now and has a new girl to help pass the time. What will this upcoming season hold? Hopefully, some new romance for Elena will come, or possibly the reconciliation between her and Damon.

American Horror Story: Freak Show (FX)

Premiere: Wednesday, Oct. 8  

Probably one of the most anticipated fall shows this season, American Horror Story, called an “erotic thriller,” is returning with a new story line. Freak Show is to be set in a carnival in the 1950s. Not much is known about this new season, but the star-studded cast featuring Jessica Lange, Angela Basset, Patti LuPone, Kathy Bates, Emma Roberts, Evan Peters and many others are set to return. Following the other seasons, this one is going to be freaky.