This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

With the weather getting colder, that can only mean one thing: fall is coming! As much fun as jumping in leaves and all those other fall-related activities are, there are those days where it’s simply better to bundle up and stay in. And what better way to enjoy a lazy day in than with some warm and tasty food? I’m listing some great food and drinks to warm yourself up with, and whether you make these by hand or heat them up in the microwave, they’re all great dishes to enjoy during your day in!

1. Hot chocolate

It’s hot, it’s delicious, and there’s chocolate in it. What’s not to love? Not only is hot chocolate a delicious drink, but it goes well with practically any sweet mixed in. Marshmallows and whipped cream are classic and delicious toppings that go well with hot chocolate. You can also try adding a dash of cinnamon or flavored coffee creamer (my personal favorites are french vanilla and dulce de leche)!

1. Tea

For those of you who want a healthier hot drink, there’s tea. As an alternative source of caffeine, tea is filled with tons of antioxidants and comes in all kinds of varieties, from earl grey and chamomile, to green and oolong. Furthermore, mixed with some honey and lemon, it’s a really great drink when you’re sick!

1. Soup

Straight out of the pot or the can, soup is always good. From tomato and chicken noodle to minestrone and clam chowder, it’s a dish that comes in all kinds of flavors and, if you’re going for the canned version, is ready in only a few minutes. Or if you want to stick to the college stereotype, instant ramen also counts.  

1. S’mores

Unleash your inner kid with this camping favorite! If you’ve got a microwave, just heat up the graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallow for 10-15 seconds. Or if you want to actually roast the marshmallow, you can do so with a candle or with a stove burner. Heck, you could even do it with a fireplace.(If you actually have a fireplace, I strongly envy you). S’mores are super yummy, warm, and chocolatey, making it a perfect treat for staying inside!

1. Pizza

The ultimate lazy college kid food after instant ramen, hot slices of cheesy pizza are perfect for a lazy day! Whether you like just cheese or go crazy with toppings, pizza is great regardless. If you don’t have a frozen pizza to stick in your oven, you can just call up a pizza delivery place (or order online if you really don’t want to talk to anyone).  Seriously. Delivery pizza is food that magically comes to your door and doesn’t require you to turn on any appliances, and you don’t have to worry about it burning while you’re marathoning your show on Netflix. It’s amazing, especially when you’re super lazy. If you’ve got some more cash to spare, treat yourself and get some sides with your pizza (I’m especially partial to Domino’s Cinnasticks).