books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

18 Shows to Binge Watch Instead of Studying for your Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

1. Anything Shonda Rhimes related.

• Grey’s Anatomy
  • Scandal
  • How to Get Away Wtih Murder

2. The 100, because who doesn’t like a good dystopian society?

3. The Office. Because Pam & Jim, Obviously.

4. Bob’s Burgers. Everyone likes a feel-good show about nothing of any sort of importance.

5. The Following (Kevin Bacon. That’s all.)

6. Jessica Jones. This show has a kick a$$ female protagonist super hero who doesn’t conform to female ideologies of what “feminine” means, which makes it even MORE amazing than it already was.

7. Friends, even though you’ve probably seen it, it never gets old.

8. One Tree Hill, if you like a good throwback.

9. Making a Murderer, if you like having your world destroyed via documentary.

10. House of Cards, for you political fiends. (Also, who doesn’t love Kevin Spacey?)

11. Fuller House, though I’ve heard it’s dissapointing overall, it’s still better than writing that paper.

12. Sense 8, for you Social Justice warriors.

13. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, because Titus and Kimmy will CHANGE your life.

14. Parenthood. Hope you like crying because by the time you reach the end you will be a fountain of SADNESS.

15. Gilmore Girls. This show is the OG of all binge watching shows. Rory & Lorelei forever.

16. Skins (The UK version) will get you in the mood to turn up, also helping you avoid studying for that exam.

17. American Horror Story. Jessica Lang is the reigning queen of horror and if you haven’t witnessed this, you NEED to.

18. Parks & Recreation, BECAUSE LESLIE KNOPE WILL INSPIRE YOU TO KICK THOSE FINALS IN THE BOOTY.

Jacey Bishop currently serves as the Editor-in-Chief/President of Her Campus KU. In the past, she has served as the Development Director and the Events Director for HCKU, as well as serving as a content contributor for the past three years. Jacey is currently in her final year of study at KU for her Bachelors of Social Work and English, as well as a minor in Communications. She is very active on the KU campus, participating in Student Senate, Multicultural Scholars Program, She's the First, and KU Student Ambassadors. You can contact Jacey at jaceybishop@hercampus.com.