13 Thoughts Every Pre-Health Majors Have Had

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

1. WOW, I get to learn so many interesting things about the life around me!

(Source)

2. Yes, I get that the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell. I only learned this 5,000 years ago when I was 4 -years-old. 

(Source)

3. AHHH WHAT IS OCHEM AND HOW DO I GET A GOOD ONE???

(Source)

4. Yup. Anschutz is my home now.

(Source)

5. I can feel my body failing from all the all-nighters I’ve pulled. This is the end. 

(Source)

6. Next time, I will study a week—no, TWO weeks—before the test.

(Source)

7. [Night before the test] It is 5 a.m. … How did I get myself in this situation again?

(Source)

8. MCAT/PCAT/DAT. WHAT.

(Source)

9. “What’s your major?” “[Something not science related]” “[internally] Wow, they have it so easy”

(Source)

9. 4-5 hour labs? You know how many things I can get done in five hours? But instead I have to stare at this solution waiting for it to boil.

(Source)

10. The amount of money I pay for coffee at the library could pay for a semester of tuition.

(Source)

11. The Pre-Health struggle is TOO REAL RIGHT NOW. 

(Source)

12. [4 AM at Anschutz] Wow, there’s only me and this other girl here. *Makes eye contact* *Give nod of acknowledgment to the Pre-Health struggles*

(Source)

13. Then, once in a while, you get that teacher that takes education to another level. And even though the class may be hard, it’ll be one of the best classes you’ve taken. And they make you remember why you’re doing all this in the first place. So that someday, you can help people and change the world. 

(Source)

Analog by birth, digital by design. I rap caucasionally, sorta. Prefer my puns intended and will show ankle for 5 minutes for fast internet.