This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

There are many perks and also disadvantages of going to a small liberal arts school on a small campus. Despite that Kenyon students hail from all over the world, have differing political and social views, eat different foods, and go to different parties, there’s a common Kenyon vibe that every student seems to embody. Most days at Kenyon, it feels like you could find something in common with almost every person you either pass on Middle Path or stand behind in line in Peirce. You know you’re a Kenyon student when: 

1. You aren’t surprised when you walk to class alongside a small Amish boy walking barefoot with his horse
  2. You can tell the difference between an Asian Beetle and a ladybug in less than five seconds
  3. You think the walk from North campus to South campus is long, and often may change your plans because you don’t feel like walking “all the way across campus”
  4. You love to hate and hate to love Old Kenyon parties
  5. You feel like you know way too many people from either L.A. or N.Y.C.
  6. You know the difference between and connotation of Old Side vs. New Side in Peirce
  7. The panini press is your best friend
  8. You’ve read Harry Potter or know at least ten people who have
  9. You have at least three Peirce servery items in your dorm or apartment
  10. You never stepped foot in The Cove as an underclassman but felt like you did because you always ordered late night Cove food.
  11. …and then you became an upperclassmen and realized that every party ends at Cove o’clock
  12. You’re proud of the KAC
  13. You set three hours of your busy night aside to eat dinner at the VI (and understand that it’d be crazy to try to squeeze in a “quick” VI dinner)
  14. You think that the VI waiters and AVI workers are your best friends (and some of them really are)
  15. You’ve Instagrammed at least three pictures of Old Kenyon, Ascension, or Middle Path.

Ally Bruschi is a senior political science major at Kenyon College. She spent this past summer interning as a writer with both The Daily Meal, a digital media group  dedicated to "all things food and drink" and The Borgen Project, a non-profit organization that partners with U.S. policymakers to alleviate global poverty. Before entering the "real world" of jobs, however, Ally spent many summers as a counselor at an all-girls summer camp in Vermont, aka the most wonderful place on earth. A good book, a jar of peanut butter, a well-crafted Spotify playlist, and a lazy dog could get her through even the worst of days.