sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Sunny Spring Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

I have to be honest: I sometimes forget that spring even exists at Kenyon. It’s easier than you would think. I’m always so caught up in the beauty of autumn leaves sprinkling Middle Path or snow covering the hilly horizon that I am somehow blindsided by March’s springtime thaw. It also may be that there is very little opportunity to experience spring here. The autumn months give way to pumpkin decorating and Halloween debauchery, while winter breeds snowball fights and sledding down to the KAC. In spring, it’s still too cold to swim in the Kokosing, and this time of year seems so weighed down with post-Spring Break assignments that there’s very little time to appreciate the season.

So here’s a playlist of songs that make me think of spring: the dewy mornings, the contemplative mid-afternoons, and the playful nights. Fingers crossed, we can stay in this warmer weather long enough to pack away heavy coats and snow boots until next year. 

1. The Show -Lenka

2. Everybody-Ingrid Michaelson

3. Rain King -Counting Crows

4. Home (RAC Mix) -Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros

5. Awake My Soul -Mumford and Sons

6. She Paints Me Blue -Something Corporate

7. Here Comes the Sun -The Beatles

8. Mango Tree -Angus and Julia Stone

9. Flowers in Your Hair -The Lumineers

10. Baptize My Mind -Jon Forema

11. April Come She Will -Simon and Garfunkel

12. Modern Nature -Sondre Lerche

13. I Was Made For Sunny Days -The Weepies

14. All For You -Sister Hazel

15. Yellow Light– Of Monsters and Men

Hopefully this playlist can get you through your rush to catch up with assignments after the break and help you think of sunnier days not far away!

Abigail Roberts is a senior English/Creative Writing major at Kenyon College. When she's not writing, she's wasting away on Netflix, voting, or being weird about Victorian literature.