rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Six Things Only Double Majors Understand

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

I love being a double major. Even though it brings me ridiculous amounts of stress, I feel like I’m part of a club. Through the fear and the stress, there are some things that only other double majors really understand about how it really feels to take on so much responsibility: 

1.  You’re afraid that your advisors get jealous of one another.

2.  You feel as though you have a right to be more stressed during course registration than everybody else.

3.  The thought of doing two comps stresses your out more than anything.

4.  Your friends always ask how you even managed to fulfill your distribution requirements.

5.  While you have to ask them in return how they deal with so much freedom in choosing their schedules.

6.  You always try to combine your two disciplines as much as you can (says the girl who’s writing a Latin paper about narratology and an English paper about classical representation in Shakespeare).

Abigail Roberts is a senior English/Creative Writing major at Kenyon College. When she's not writing, she's wasting away on Netflix, voting, or being weird about Victorian literature.