This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

This is part of a series of No Shame Movie Reviews. For reasons I won’t speculate and rant about now, we have been told that only some movies are worth enjoying. Only artsy movies with a meaningful and/or ambiguous message, perhaps. To that, I say phooey. I say that you should be able to watch and enjoy any movie you want – from low-budget children’s movies to dramas about the hopelessly romantic. If you enjoy them, then why the heck should you not be able to watch them without shame?

So it’s officially December, and you know what that means… HAPPY WINTER HOLIDAYS! That’s right. We are coming up on a wonderful month full of snow and family and gushy movies – just the kind of month I like. We’re starting out with an adorable classic, something to ease us into the Holiday spirit: Love Actually.

You know the saying that England only has about ten actors, and they’re just cast over and over again? Well, every single one of those actors is in Love Actually. If you can think of an actor who is British, over the age of 40 or so, and moderately famous – well, there’s a pretty decent chance they’re in this movie. We’ve got Colin Firth, Alan Rickman, Emma Thompson, Keira Knightley, Hugh Grant… The list goes on and on.

The bit of this movie that always makes me cry is the very beginning and the very end (no, no, I’m not about to give away massive spoilers). It starts and ends with candid footage of the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. Spouses, lovers, parents, children, friends. Reuniting and hugging and kissing and crying. It makes me tear up every time.

Love Actually isn’t just about “love.” You know, “love” – hearts and romance and sex. It’s also about love between siblings. And between friends. And between parents and their children. It’s about all kinds of love, and how every single one of them should be cherished. Because love is love. And it is a wonderful thing.

So I guess the take away of this movie is pretty simple: Go tell someone you love them. Even if they already know, or if you long ago resigned yourself to never telling them. Go. It’s Christmas.

And there we have it. Just a few of the reasons that you should not be ashamed to watch and enjoy Love Actually. If you have any ideas for a movie that you want me to review, then let me know! Bad, fun, silly, adorable, enjoyable, romantic, anything that you shouldn’t be ashamed to watch and love! (Bonus cookies if it’s also on Netflix.)

Photos: gstatic; giphy; netflix

Paige is a senior psychology major at Kenyon College. Next year, she plans on attending graduate school to receive a Master's of Library Science. She just bought a plant for her dorm room and named him Alfred.