So for the past few weeks, I have decided to refrain from eating the usual massive amounts of gluten and dairy I generally consume. A sort of personal challenge, not so much to test my restraint but rather for minor medical reasons. As one might expect, this has been quite the task...but thank god for Peirce.
So here it is, peirce's best kept gluten/dairy free secrets. That gluten free fridge is a god send.
1) Gluten free english muffins. I would argue that they're better (lighter and fluffier) than the real thing!
2) Vegan butter spread. Near the jams, saltier and not as whipped as the real butter, and a really good condiment if you need a salt fix because you're going without cheese.
3) Bananas rolled in peanut butter and then dipped in craisins from the salad bar. This is pretty experimental, don't get too freaked out guys.
4) Soy milk. fill a cup with ice, then pour soy milk over it, then fill the rest of the cup with hot coffee. Iced soy latte DONE!
5) Rice. Obviously this isn't a secret in Peirce, but rice is a gluten-free person's best friend. I have eaten more rice in the past week than I really want to think about. I've mostly been going for it with black beans, salsa, spinach, and onions.