This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

Name: Spalding Vance

Age:18

Class: 2019

Hometown: Chapel Hill, North Carolina

Major: Music

Campus Activities: Chamber Singers, Kokosingers

Spalding, you’re a Kokosinger! What’s the best part of being a member of the all-male acapella group?

Definitely the brotherhood of it. It’s great having 10 other guys always there for you.

That sounds awesome, and you all just got back from tour! What was it like touring with the other Kokes?

It was honestly incredible. I felt that as a group we definitely became a lot closer. They’re all really great guys and even after 15 days in a van there was no animosity whatsoever.

Wow! That’s impressive. What’s your favorite song that you’ve learned with the Kokes so far?

I have to say “Passenger Seat.” It’s a song about driving around in a car with your friends. It was the first song we learned and we sang it in the van on the last leg of our tour on our way back to Gambier.

Nice! Speaking of Gambier… What’s your go-to Peirce station?

Usually whichever station has the best ratio of line length to edibility. It’s usually not worth it to wait in a line for 30 minutes. Also sandwiches. The sandwich station is great.

If you had to stay in the same place for the rest of your life, where would you want to be?

Probably back home in Chapel Hill. I’ve lived there basically my whole life and I love the area, plus all of my friends from high school are there.

What is your favorite place on campus?

I spend a lot of time doing work in Storer, but I just went to the BFEC for the first time and it was incredibly beautiful. I like them both a lot.

Weirdest experience on campus so far? What’s next on your Kenyon bucket list?

Probably the Fall Kokes Concert. There was this crazy moment of realization when I saw just how many people I was going to sing for. Next on my bucket list is to do another play or musical.

Name one thing Kenyon doesn’t know about you, but should.

I’m a huge sports fan! If you ever want to watch or talk about football or basketball with someone, I’m your guy!

Any final comments?

Shout out to my girlfriend, Amilia “Mad Mili” Yun!

Thank you for getting together with us, Spalding! We can’t wait to hear you sing again soon.

Hannah Joan

Kenyon '18

Hannah is one of the Campus Coordinators for Her Campus Kenyon. She is a Buffalo native and plant enthusiast studying English and Women's and Gender Studies as a junior at Kenyon College.