HCK Wishes You a Wonderful Summer!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

Dearest Kenyon Collegiettes, 

I hope you’ve enjoyed HCK this year as much as we’ve enjoyed writing it for you. In only our second year of existence, our staff leapt from just 2 girls to over 25! The ladies who write for HCK are brilliant, enthusiastic, and endlessly talented. While I am graduating next week, I can’t wait to see what they will bring you next year.

It’s been my honor and privilege to lead the HCK team this year. I am so proud of what we have accomplished as both a chapter and a representative of Kenyon to the outside world on Her Campus. We went from a tiny chapter to a GOLD LEVEL one, recognized for excellence by Her Campus National out of over 200 colleges. This also means we are considered first for outside partnerships with HC’s many sponsors and partners. It was an exciting accomplishment. We were in the top ten collegiette circulation list almost every week of the entire year–so thank you, readers, for helping us consistently reach such heights. I am proud of the series we have initiated that you look forward to, such as, the “Things Every Collegiette Should Know” and “Favorite Items of Clothing” series.  

Most of all, I am grateful to have made so many new friends through HCK and to have watched all of HCK’s amazing women grow both as writers and as friends. I will miss you all and I can’t wait to read HCK next year.

Have an incredible summer, collegiettes! Thanks for a wonderful year!

HCXO,

Sara

Sara is a senior English major, Art History minor, and Women's and Gender studies concentrator at Kenyon College. She was born and raised in Manhattan and never dreamed she would attend college surrounded by cornfields. She has spent two summers as an editorial intern at ELLE Magazine. She always has a magazine (or three) with her. She loves her role as Kenyon's Campus Correspondent!
Emma Miller, from Shaker Heights, Ohio,  is a senior Drama major at Kenyon College. She is a co-president of StageFemmes, a Kenyon student theatre organization dedicated to showcasing the talents of women in drama. Emma spends her summers as Assistant Director at a Jewish performing arts camp. Emma is thrilled to be in her second year as co-Campus Correspondent for Kenyon's HC chapter.  Emma was a founding staff member of her high school's online magazine, and her writings have also been published on the FBomb. She is passionate about girls' education, Jimmy Fallon, iced tea, Ireland, Cleveland, and SmartWool socks.