Campus Cutie: Oscar Anderson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

Campus Cutie: Oscar Anderson

Age: 20

Year: Sophomore

Major: Psychology, Neuroscience Minor

Hometown: Floyds Knobs, Indiana

Campus Activities: Swim Team

Spirit Animal: Penguin

When did you first start swimming competitively, and what made you love it?

I was 13. I started because the girl across the street started, and I had a crush on her. After that, I just stuck with it. She quit two years later.

What’s your favorite thing about being a swimmer at Kenyon?

It’s a really social group to talk to. We get close and suffer together, so we can all really empathize with one another. It’s just a lot of fun really.

How do you like to get pumped up for a meet?

Talking to people on the bus. It’s not really talking as much as feeding off of other people’s energy.

What’s one item on your Kenyon bucket list?

To write something on the walls of the Caples elevator.

What’s your favorite spot on campus?

Wiggins.

What’s your dream date?

So it really does involve walking down the beach with my most beloved companion I could imagine. No, but actually just being in a place with a person who I enjoy. Ooh, a Wiggins date.

Let’s do some goofy questions. Would you rather be a pancake or a waffle?

Pancake, because you can stack pancakes but you can’t stack waffles. They’re much more efficient.

If you could have any lame superpower what would it be?

Being able to tell the percent of cocoa in a piece of chocolate.

What’s your favorite candy?

Whoppers.

If you could snap your fingers and travel to any place in the universe, where would you go?

I can’t snap my fingers, so that’s an issue. But I would want to go to Venus.

And finally, what’s one piece of advice you’d give to an incoming freshman swimmer?

Don’t complain about morning practice!

Class of 2017 at Kenyon College. English major, Music and Math double minor. Hobbies: Reading, Writing, Accidentally singing in public, Eating avocados, Adventure, and Star Wars.