This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

Age: 20

Hometown: Belmont, MA

Year: Junior

Major: Dance

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Mint Chocolate Chip

Relationship Status: Single

Her Campus Kenyon: How did you choose to be a dance major?

Marc Ferraro: I was originally here for drama, and I was super into the whole acting and theater scene. I’d never danced before college, or anywhere really. I had a couple of friends who were all in dance classes, and I decided to take some, and I was instantly hooked. I took, like, a ton in the spring and decided I liked it more than drama. There were things I could do in dance that I couldn’t do in drama, so I decided to switch over.

HCK: What is your favorite place at Kenyon?

Marc: The theater. My favorite place anywhere is almost always the theater—it’s like a labyrinth.

HCK: Coffee or tea? 

Marc: Coffee…no, wait, can I say both?

HCK: Dogs or cats?

Marc: Dogs! Well, it’s not that I don’t like cats—in my recent years I’ve definitely warmed up to them—but dogs are so happy to see you all the time!

HCK: What are your favorite TV shows?

Marc: Community, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, and Sherlock.

HCK: What is your favorite book?

Marc: I was super into the The Great Gatsby in high school. I still really like it, but my perspective on it is always changing.

HCK: If you could choose one object and instantly know everything about its history, what would you choose?

Marc: The earth. [But] I’d have to turn it over to someone more responsible!

HCK: If you could meet any three people—living, dead, or from the future—whom would you choose to meet?

Marc: William Shakespeare, Neil Armstrong (I used to be hugely into space), and…Martha Graham.  

HCK: If you were locked inside an art museum at night, would you try and get out or would you spend your entire night inside, looking at the art?

Marc: That’s not a question! That’s one of, like, my dream things to be locked in a museum! I would love to be there with a bunch of friends and just sleep over.

HCK: Someone hands you a letter and warns you that reading it would change the course of history, but never opening (or destroying it) would keep everything the way it is currently. What would you do?

Marc: Do I know if it changes it in a positive way?

HCK: No, you don’t know if it changes anything in a negative or positive way!

Marc: I’m not gonna open the Pandora’s box, simply because it could make everything worse…I feel like you should stick with the devil you know. Obviously things aren’t perfect now, but it could get worse. I wouldn’t open it.

Image Credit: Facebook

Lindy is a current senior at Kenyon college majoring in Anthropology and Art History. She enjoys travel, books, cinema, art, food, and Scottish Whisky. Someday she hopes to travel around the world with a corgi named Max.
Class of 2017 at Kenyon College. English major, Music and Math double minor. Hobbies: Reading, Writing, Accidentally singing in public, Eating avocados, Adventure, and Star Wars.