Campus Celebrity: Manjul Bhusal Sharma

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

Many Kenyonites probably know this week’s campus celebrity Manjul Bhusal Sharma. You can find him everywhere and anywhere on campus – playing soccer or cricket at the KAC, leading Greek Council meetings, and running to-and-from classes. He certainly keeps busy! This week he opens up to HCK about himself and life at Kenyon.

Name: Manjul Bhusal Sharma

Year: 2016

Hometown: Kathmandu, Nepal

Major: Mathematics & Economics

Activities: President of Kenyon College Greek Council; Junior Class Representative, Campus Senate; Brother of Delta Tau Delta Fraternity; Kenyon Club Soccer; Kenyon Cricket Club

1. What three words best describe you?

Daring, ambitious, and creative.

2. What is your favorite pick-up line?

On a scale of 1 to 10: You’re a 9 and I’m the 1 you need.

3. When cove o’clock rolls around what are you ordering?

Mac and Cheese and Fried Pickles.

4. What things have you yet to check off your Kenyon bucket list?

Take an Ellen-style selfie with President Decatur, Chef Meagan, Dean Hoi Ning and some other cool Kenyon folks.

5. Do you have a spirit animal? If so, what is it?

Panda. I feel like I live a balanced life in which different aspects of my personality are in harmony.

6. What is the theme song to your life?

“Heal the World” by Michael Jackson.

7. Do you have any hidden talents?

I have good reflexes, and I am good at playing Ping-Pong. I am also a good cook.

8. This summer you started a non-profit, “Reinstalling Hope,” with fellow Kenyon student Maher Latif (’17). The organization aims to enrich learning opportunities at public schools in Nepal. What inspired you to create the organization and how would you describe the experience?

Kids in public schools in Nepal lack the proper opportunities and resources to find out what they are good at and reach their potential. Maher and I wanted to see if we could do something about that on a small scale. The project was a huge success, and now our organization connects volunteers from all around the world to meaningful and doable projects in Nepal. I would encourage you to check out our website at www.reinstallinghope.org to learn about ways you can help.