This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

As the semester draws to an end and work piles up, it’s easy to get bogged down in all your work and let your mood suffer. But just because you’re busy doesn’t mean you can’t spare a moment or two to appreciate the little joys in life. Follow these tips to help you stay positive!

1. Spend some time outside. The weather has finally gotten warm, and just being outside can make you feel better if you’re stressed. Take your work outside, hang out with your friends on the grass, or even eat outside. Just being in the fresh air will brighten your mood! 

2. Write down good things every night. I know this sounds super cheesy, but it can be really beneficial to take some time to think back on your day and write down the good things that happened to you. It allows you to go to bed every night in a positive mood and let’s you focus on the positive rather than dwelling on all of the negatives. Plus, if you keep what you write down, when you have a particularly bad day, you can look back on some of the positive things that have happened to you in the past week or month to make you feel better.

3. Spend time with positive people. Do you find yourself spending time with some people who just bring you down every time you talk to them? Whether they’re always complaining or just predicting negative outcomes, these friends can really bring you down. You don’t have to cut these people out of you life completely, and everyone’s entitled to have a bad day, but if you’re hanging out with someone who constantly breeds negativity, it’s okay to take a break from them to ensure you’re taking care of yourself.

4. Work out at the KAC. Working out releases endorphins that can boost your mood and is also a great way to relieve stress. You may think you’re too busy to go, but you can always do homework while working out, and I promise your body will thank you for the break from sitting in your desk chair or at the library all day.

5. Bike/run/walk on the Gap Trail. Similarly, now that the weather’s nice and there’s no more ice on the trail, taking a bike ride or running/walking on the trail is a great way to combine getting great endorphins from exercising and getting that mood boost from being outside. Plus, the trail is absolutely gorgeous, so how can you leave it in a bad mood?

6. Take some “me time.” Even if you have a ton of work, it’s important to set aside some time to just relax by yourself. Whether it’s reading a book for fun, watching your favorite show on Netflix, or enjoying a cup of coffee from Wiggin Street, you need a little bit of relaxation away from your responsibilities and your peers. After all, no one can be “on” all the time. I promise your body will thank you, and you’ll even be more productive once you get back to work.

By following these tips, you’ll be set to have a great and positive end of the semester. Enjoy the next few weeks Kenyon, as the end is almost here!

Rebecca is a senior English major and American Studies concentrator at Kenyon College. She is from Alexandria, Virginia and has written for Her Campus since freshman year.