4 Spring Break Road Trip Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

Spring Break is almost here, and if you’re like me then you know Turks & Caicos isn’t going to happen (at least this time around). Regardless, you might have the time to take a road trip with your friends or family and, while you might not be able to live out Jack Kerouac’s adventures in On the Road, here are a few trips we’ve all been dying to take: 

1. New York to BostonThe 4-hour slog is totally worth getting to visit two cities that merit completely different experiences. Be sure to hit up Times Square (beware the tourist mobs) in Manhattan, and the New England Aquarium along the Boston Harbor.

2. Down the Pacific CoastThe gorgeous drive down California’s Route 1 is a nonstop wallpaper-like view. Unfortunately, and despite the irresistible natural beauty, the lack of guardrails along the cliffs is a little disconcerting.

3. Around OhioIf you’re staying at Kenyon over break, you could always day trip to Columbus and check out its quaint German Village, or to Cumberland, Ohio’s wildlife conservatory, The Wilds.

4. Go visit your friends at other collegesThe worst part about school breaks is that they rarely line up with your friends’ breaks. But if you’re free for two weeks, why not drive over to wherever they are to see them?

Ally Bruschi is a senior political science major at Kenyon College. She spent this past summer interning as a writer with both The Daily Meal, a digital media group  dedicated to "all things food and drink" and The Borgen Project, a non-profit organization that partners with U.S. policymakers to alleviate global poverty. Before entering the "real world" of jobs, however, Ally spent many summers as a counselor at an all-girls summer camp in Vermont, aka the most wonderful place on earth. A good book, a jar of peanut butter, a well-crafted Spotify playlist, and a lazy dog could get her through even the worst of days.