This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

It’s the best time of the year again, well at least I think so; Happy October everyone! October holds so many fun and spooky things to do from dressing up and going all out for Halloween, cheering on your favorite hockey team (go Blackhawks!), pumpkin carving and painting, horror movies, a Halloweentown marathon, haunted houses and one of my favorites is going to the apple orchard.

I got the chance to go to an orchard located about a seven to ten-minute drive from campus! The orchard is called Beckwith. This cute little place is very family-friendly and has activities for everyone to enjoy, delicious treats and beautiful scenery.

Now, Beckwith’s may not have a pumpkin patch, but they do have a huge apple orchard, a corn maze, dahlia patch, a bakery and a store. You can also purchase the pumpkins in the front to take home. The store contains adorable Halloween decorations, fall candles, and even holds a Christmas section! When walking around the orchard you can see apple pickers and many different types of apples. Surrounding the orchard are the husks of corn and the difficult corn maze, yes, I almost didn’t make it out (makes for a good time with friends) and rounding everything out is the dahlia patch. The patch holds some truly beautiful flowers and pumpkins.

Now, let’s get to the yummy part – the baked goods! The bakery serves cider: hot and cold. Unfortunately, they don’t have doughnuts, but they sell cookies and different types of pies.  Me and my friends decided on the cold cider and an apple pie. I’m normally not a pie person, but you gotta do it for the blog! The apple pie’s crust was the perfect combo of flakey and soft, and the apples were so fresh. The apple cider was amazing, and of course we had to get a gallon to go!

I hope everyone gets a chance to check Beckwith’s out this season! It makes for a great date or time with friends, and you’ll get the most amazing photo opts for your Instagram. I mean who doesn’t want to take pictures of themselves eating an apple pie?

Shelby Rabideaux is currently attending Kent State University. She is majoring in Digital Media Production and will have a minor in Fashion Media. Her love for entertainment and film came from actively going to concerts. She currently is on a TV show called The Blurb that focuses on entertainment news that her school produces. She dreams to be able to inspire others like how she was inspired. Shelby is currently the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Kent State and the President where she strives to share her love for Her Camps with the Kent community. 
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.