This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.
According to SkinInc.com dermaplaning is a simple and safe procedure for exfoliating the epidermis and ridding the skin of fine vellus hair (peach fuzz). 

Dermaplaning is Hollywood’s hottest skincare trend to keep skin looking fresh and young. When done professionally at a salon an aesthetician uses a sterile blade to carefully swipe upwards while holding the skin taut. Not only does this procedure help exfoliate your skin, but it rids it of all unwanted peach fuzz and the occasional mustache and chin hair. Contrary to popular belief the hair does NOT grow back in black and corse! If it did all the celebrities on the red carpet would have full beards!

I first learned about dermaplaning about a year ago. I have always had a couple of random mole hairs and the occasional dark peach fuzz as most girls do. I have usually just plucked them and went on my way. But once I heard about dermaplaning and the additional benefits for your skin, I knew I had to try it. “Dermaplaning leaves your skin smooth, glowing, brighter and more youthful” according to Stacked Skincare founder, Kerry Benjamin, in an interview with Elle magazine. I got up the courage and did some research on the best at home (and cheap) dermaplaning device. 

Here are five at home dermaplaning devices: 

1. DERMAFLASH Facial Exfoliating Device

The DERMAFLASH Facial Exfoliating Device can be found at Sephora for $132. 

2. StackedSkincare Dermaplaning Tool

The StackedSkincare Dermaplaning Tool can be found on Amazon for $75. 

3. NOXZEMA About Face Sonic Beauty-Wand

The NOXZEMA About Face Sonic Beauty-Wand can be found on Amazon for $10. 

4. Dorco Tinkle Eyebrow Shaper, 3-Pack 

The Twinkle Razors can be found on Amazon for $4.  

5. Shiseido Facial Razor

The Shiseido Facial Razor can also be found on Amazon for only $3. 

I decided to get the Twinkle Razors. I did my research and came to the conclusion that these are the ones I wanted to try out. The first time I tried it I was in shock. So much stuff came off my face it made me feel like I have been a goat person and no one was telling me! In reality, it was only peach fuzz and dead skin that has been there for years. Afterward, my face felt just like a baby’s. It was life changing! 

To do it you simply pull your skin taut and lightly brush down on your skin; you’ll be amazed at the chunks of hair and skin that fall off. Now, this should not be a part of your daily skincare routine. It is more of a monthly upkeep for your skin. Just like you wouldn’t shape your eyebrows every day, it is the same for your face. 

YouTuber Jenna Marbles recently posted a video of her shaving her face for the first time, and it is not only hilarious but shows and explains everything I just talked about. You can check it out here

Let’s all hop into spring with smooth baby-like skin and have our lives changed forever!

Jess Goodwin is a  senior at Kent State University, where she is the Senior Editor for the Her Campus Kent State chapter! She is a Journalism major who has enjoyed writing and telling stories her whole life. When she is not writing, Jess is dancing and choreographing. She has been dancing for over 15 years and choreographing for just about 3 years now! She has a passion for movies, books and entertainment, but she also has a love for activism and promoting love! Jess's socials are: Instagram: @jess.goodwin Twitter: @jessgoodwin13 
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.