This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

The snow may be melting, but homework, projects and essays are piling up. North West, the sassy 2-year-old who has already mastered the side eye and demands ‘no pictures’, shares your pain. Here’s how she feels about the spring semester:

You tell yourself that this semester will be a ride in the park.

The professor hands out the syllabus on the first day of class and already starts talking about a test.

You remember all the food you ate during winter break.

So, you plan on going to the rec every week.

After an hour there, you’re exhausted.

You give up and accept that you’ll never look like a Victoria’s Secret swimsuit model.

It’s supposed to snow in the morning, but get up to 70 degrees in the afternoon. You don’t know what to wear.

None of your friends have homework over spring break, except you.

You didn’t get the group message on what to wear on Fake Patty’s Day.

You find out your favorite singer is performing at Flashfest.

You swore that you were going to get all A’s this semester, lose ten pounds and meet your future husband, but life has been knocking you down.

The only thing to cheer you up is seeing dogs on the Esplanade.

You finished your last final and can now enjoy summer break.

Jillian Holness is a senior magazine journalism major. She enjoys buying too many lipsticks, thinking about brunch and daydreaming about staring in one of Rihanna's music videos.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.