This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Now that spring has officially sprung, let’s talk about accessories. Spring 2017 Ready-to-Wear has shown us that minimalism is so over; we’re bringing back big and bold. From statement belts to gigantic bags, this season is sure to be a fun one. Here’s a quick list of some spring 2017 accessory trends: 

1. Earrings Extravaganza

If this season’s done anything, its demonstrated that bigger is better. Statement earrings were one of the largest trends this season and we couldn’t be more refreshed. Take your minimalism and go because were bringing in the bravest and the boldest.

2. Sunnies, on Sunnies, on Sunnies

The suns out and the fashion world has just the thing for you, statement sunglasses. As a sunglasses devotee, I could not be more thrilled. Statement sunnies are the perfect way to add a sense of high-fashion to any outfit.

3. The Bold and the Belted

We’ve been seeing statement belts on the runway for a little while now, and they only seem to be getting bigger. These distinct belts are the ultimate way for your look to stand out in the crowd.

4. Think, Mary Poppins

You won’t have to wonder if everything will fit into your purse this spring, it will. Big bags were everywhere this season, in shows like Off-White, Balenciaga and Simone Rocha.

5. Bringing Back the Brooches

The biggest names in the industry like Gucci, Chanel, and Balenciaga all featured brooches in their spring collection. From huge flowers to bold jewel studded pieces, anyway you do it just make sure it’s unique.

Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.