This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Summer is only a few weeks away and there are so many different things you can do! Summer can be even more fun when it is spent with that special person. It can be hard to constantly think of different dates to go on when you’ve already done so much. Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered. I’m going to share with you six amazing summer date ideas.

1. Picnic at the park or beach

(Source)

The beach or the park is the perfect scenery to have a romantic picnic full of your favorite foods and drinks.

2. Go to a local carnival

(Source)

Carnivals are so fun to go to. They have games, ride, and lots of unhealthy, but extremely delicious, food.

3. A cute ice cream parlor  

(source)

There are so many cute places that serve the best ice cream. It may take a little research, but you can definitely find a cute looking ice cream parlor.

4. S’mores and a bonfire

(Source)

What could be more romantic and fun than eating s’mores by a fire with your special someone?

5. Watch the sunset at the beach (Source)

The beach and the sunset combined is truly a beautiful sight that deserves to be shared with someone.

6. Drive-in movie

(Source)

Drive-in movies are so fun to go while being in the comfort of your own car. You won’t have to worry about anyone kicking the back of your chair, whispering too loudly, or eating their popcorn obnoxiously. I definitely recommend this.

Summer is the perfect time for some amazing dates. You don’t want to waste a single day!

Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.