Style

Review: Downtown Kent Carnaby Street Style Fashion Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Before getting the opportunity to watch the Carnaby Fashion show, I wasn’t aware of this adorable store in downtown Kent. The show changed my perspective of the boutique. It caught my eye and now, once the paycheck comes in, I will be returning to purchase some of my favorite items from the show. Like this white dress! I mean come on, this would be perfect for interviews, a date or even a casual day downtown.

The show Carnaby held was to showcase their new spring collection. I got to speak to the owner, Emma Kennell, to discuss her inspiration for the collection. Emma said that when she choose the garments she wanted them to be fun and trendy. She loved having lots of bright colors and patterns for the upcoming season. She also told me that to keep ahead on trends she uses a lot of fashion magazines and websites. The bright colors and patterns were definitely showcased in the fashion show and I loved it! There is something about spring that makes you want to play with color in your wardrobe!

Another thing I loved about the fashion show was the models were all friends and family of the owners. It featured men, a pregnant lady, and some grandparents! Being a fashion major, I loved seeing the diversity in the models, even if it was a small-town event. The models made the show so entertaining. It was so interactive and upbeat. The older married couple even showed off some old school dance moves!

I got to talk to three models about their thoughts on the show and the upcoming collection. They talked about how they loved the off the shoulder trend, cold shoulder tops and the mint green pants! They said the clothes are super comfortable and perfect for any body type. The show exhibited this with models of every age. I believe that these clothes can make anyone look younger and more stylish. Watching the show and speaking to the models made me want to buy the pants for myself… and my mom!

If you haven’t checked out Carnaby Street Style in downtown Kent, I highly recommend! The store and the merchandise are inspired by Carnaby Street in London, England. This boutique aims to bring the classic, trendy and upbeat lifestyle of the UK to our downtown streets of Kent, Ohio. If you want to get a look at the clothing, you can peek at their website or visit the store! You won’t be disappointed by their colorful, comfortable, cute, and classic collection.

Located: 100 East Erie St. Suite 122, Kent, Ohio 44240

Shelby Rabideaux is currently attending Kent State University. She is majoring in Digital Media Production and will have a minor in Fashion Media. Her love for entertainment and film came from actively going to concerts. She currently is on a TV show called The Blurb that focuses on entertainment news that her school produces. She dreams to be able to inspire others like how she was inspired. Shelby is currently the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Kent State and the President where she strives to share her love for Her Camps with the Kent community. 
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.