This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

It’s finally here! Miley Cyrus’s sixth studio album, “Younger Now,” was released this past week on September 29. Cyrus wrote or co-wrote every single one of her eleven songs on the new album, and gives us a glimpse of the real Miley. “Younger Now” is raw, honest and explicit. Fans have been going crazy for her new material. Cyrus released her first single, “See You Again,” in 2007 during her run on her hit TV show “Hannah Montana.” Later in her career, Cyrus topped charts with “Party in the USA,” “Can’t Be Tamed,” “7 Things, Wrecking Ball,” “The Climb and We Can’t Stop.”

Check out a brief description and our favorite line from five of Miley’s new songs!

Younger Now:

Miley released this song on August 18 as a sneak peak of her new album. The song quickly became an anthem for young people to live in the moment and to simply enjoy their youth. This song can be applied to relationships, friendships or even just life in general. Miley tries to get the point across that no matter what, we all change.

Favorite line: “Change is a thing you can count on.”

Malibu:                                                                                

This was the first single released off of the “Younger Now” album and it hit number one on just about every music chart. “Malibu” takes us through Miley’s journey with boyfriend, Liam Hemsworth and allows us to see a little bit inside of the singer’s heart, which we haven’t seen so much of in many years. 

Favorite line: “I always thought I would sink, so I never swam. I never went boatin’, don’t know how they are floatin’ I get so scared of what I can’t understand.”

Rainbowland:

If you don’t know by now, Dolly Parton is Miley Cyrus’s godmother. The two partner up to sing about being yourself and living in a world where it is okay to be who you are. Cyrus is a known advocate for LGBTQ rights and high-key liberal, so she gives us a taste of what her perfect world would look like.

Favorite line: “Chase dreams forever, I know there’s gonna be a greener land, we are rainbows me and you.”

Week Without You:

“Week Without” You is a song filled with empowering lyrics about a toxic relationship. Although we’re not sure who Miley wrote this song about, its lyrics show us a time of pain and eagerness to leave a relationship and just have fun.

Favorite line: “I know I gave you my heart, but you stomped it to the ground. And that’s what got me wondering what it’s like to not have you around.”

Inspired:

Last on the album is a lyrical song Cyrus wrote “with Hilary Clinton” in mind. This track is all about inspiration and where Miley finds her hope and who she finds it in. She sings about saving the bees, the environment and hate around the world. Cyrus leaves us wanting change and eager to make a difference around us.

Favorite line: “We are meant for more. Pull the handle on the door that opens up to change.”

Lexi Marco

Kent State '20

Lexi is a public relations major with a marketing minor at Kent State University. She acts as a CC and Social Media Director for Her Campus Kent State and has been active in the chapter for two years. You can find Lexi at a local coffee shop or at her home in Youngstown, Ohio playing with her dogs. Instagram- mexilarco Twitter- leximarco
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.