Melissa & Taylor on being PINK Campus Reps

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Everyone meet Taylor Pierce and Melissa Spetich, Kent State’s 2016-2017 PINK Campus Representatives! These girls are super excited to be Kent State’s newest reps and have tons of amazing surprises planned for the upcoming school year. Her Campus asked them all about their brand training and upcoming events and how to become a member of their Campus Team. Check out the interview below for all the details on everything PINK this year at Kent!

Her Campus: What are your roles/responsibilities as a PINK Campus Rep?

Taylor Pierce: As a Campus Rep, we are responsible for spreading the PINK brand on campus. Our roles include getting more girls involved with the brand and increasing awareness of the brand on campus overall. We plan to do this through different events, like giveaways and activities, to get girls excited! We are also required to recruit a Campus Team to help us execute events throughout the year!

Melissa Spetich: As a campus rep I am required to plan fun and exciting events both on and off campus. I am lucky enough to have a great co-rep along side me. It’s so cool that we get to experience this together. We’re also in charge of all forms of social media for the Kent State Pink accounts. It’s crucial to make sure we are getting all the correct information out there and representing the brand well. One last thing we are in charge of is getting a group of qualified girls together to make up our street team and help us with the tasks we have as brand reps. Applications will be going out soon!

HC: What events do you have planned for this school year?

TP: We have a ton. There will be tons of freebies and giveaways this year and we are so excited for that. We hope to host a Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show Viewing Party in December, and some super fun events scattered in throughout the school year.

MS: Well, obviously we have to keep some things a secret but I guess I can give you a sneak preview. We will have usual events like the VS fashion show party and various in-store shopping events, but we will also introduce some events new to this year. We’ll always be having spontaneous events with freebies involved, which you’ll see if you follow our social media accounts

HC:  How can students stay updated on everything PINK this semester?

TP: Students can stay updated on everything PINK by following our social media accounts. We’re on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Facebook under the username ‘KentStatePINK’. We are going to be posting tons of updates on those channels, along with detailed information about our contests and events that we plan to host on campus!

HC: Tell us about Brand Certification!

TP: Oh my God, Brand Certification was a dream come true. It was easily one of the best times of my life. We learned so much about marketing and social media, along with everything there is to know about the PINK brand. The trip was filled with super fun PINK incentives and surprises. One of the most memorable parts for me was meeting Rachel Hilbert, a famous PINK model!

MS: Brand training was like Disney World but all in PINK lol! It was an amazing three days where we got to learn about product coming to stores, and how to be the best campus reps we can be! It was a great experience, and I really did learn a lot and fell completely in love with the brand!

HC: Why did you want to become a PINK Campus Rep?

TP: I wanted to become a PINK Rep because I feel so passionately about the brand. I was on the Kent State PINK Street Team last year and loved every minute of it! My dream job is to do public relations work with Victoria’s Secret or PINK, so this is an awesome first step for me in pursuing my career after graduation!

MS: When I was a freshman I applied to be on the street team and it didn’t pan out for me, but I still loved this whole concept and really wanted to be a part of it. I went to most of the events that took place on campus and always had a good time. I was abroad last semester, flipping through my Instagram feed, and saw that they were looking for KSU brand representatives. So I thought I might as well apply and see what happens. I was chosen for an interview and about a week later I had found out I was picked to be a brand rep. I was jumping up and down I was so excited. I had never imagined that this could have happened to me.

HC: Tell us about the ‘Campus Team’ you’re recruiting!

TP: We are looking for a group of 8 to 10 diverse girls that are passionate about the PINK brand. We hope to create a strong team that will help us spread the PINK brand across campus and to various groups of people. We will have applications available soon, so make sure you’re following us on social media to get the details!

MS: We are looking for 6- 8 passionate girls to help us this year be the best Kent State PINK team we have ever had. We have different positions that need to be filled and will be accepting applications the first week of school!

HC: What is one of your goals this year as a PINK Campus Rep?

TP: One of my goals is to get more girls involved and excited about the PINK brand on campus. I hope to increase the following on all of our social media pages, host super cool events and just have fun. I want to be able to get tons of girls excited about our events and have large turnouts. I also really want to bring the PINK bus back to the Kent Campus and win one of the awesome parties for us.

MS: I am so pumped to work with my co-rep and have a really killer year. We have our eyes set on some ambitious goals and want to make them happen. I’m truly excited about getting other girls just as excited as we are about PINK and what an amazing company it is.

HC: Will there be any discounts or promotions for students at PINK?

TP: There are not discounts specifically tailored to students. However, there will be tons of deals and promotions happening throughout the year. The best way to find out about these would be to follow us on social media. We will be posting all about the different deals and promotions taking place!

Stay updated on everything PINK by following your Kent State Campus Reps on social media:

Twitter: @KentStatePINK

Instagram: @KentStatePINK

Facebook: ‘Kent State PINK’

Snapchat: KentStatePINK

Pop culture enthusiast, adventure seeker, lover of all things purple and an expert on Marilyn Monroe.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.