This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Occasionally fashion can get lost in the winter months when we’re preoccupied with keeping ourselves warm and cozy, but what if I told you that you could be stylish and dress weather appropriate all year long? Despite the rumors, Winter is actually a great time for fashion. With an abundance of assorted accessories and cozy garments, we’ll show you how to look timeless yet warm all winter long.

1. Always layer your clothes

One of the best ways to keep warm and look cute in the winter months is to layer your outfits. If you feel like showing off your legs: wear tights to keep your legs from getting frostbite. If you decide not to show your legs: leggings will be your best friend and they’ll keep you nice and warm. Another great way of layering is wearing a t-shirt or tank top underneath your clothes, that way if it gets toasty inside you can peel off some layers until absolutely have to go back into the cold.

2. Don’t forget to accessorize 

Wearing gloves and a hat are always a great way to keep warm. I’m from Texas, so when I started school in Ohio the difference in winters was a shocker for me. Gloves really made bracing the cold better for me, and don’t forget: berets were all over the red carpet this year.

3. Buy a good winter coat

The most obvious way to stay warm is wear a coat, but don’t just go for the cheapest one. Look for one that will actually keep you warm. Great fibers for keeping you warm include: wool, acrylic and polyester; so keep that in mind when you’re shopping! 

4. Shoes are a priority too

My personal favorite way to stay warm is to invest in a good pair of winter shoes. Not only do good winter boots allow you stay warm, but they will also help prevent you from sliding on ice.

P.S.A. Rain boots are not just for rain, they can also help you look cute and confident when trekking through the ice and snow.

Ciao everyone! My name is Marion Kpandeyenge and I am currently a freshman at Kent State University, where I am majoring in Fashion Merchandising. I have a passion for fashion, but my love for writing holds a very special place in my heart.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.