This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Nothing is more aggravating than a cute person who is a bad texter. When I say “bad texter,” I mean someone who does any and/or all of the following:

1. Texts you first then never responds. Like why are they even texting in the first place?

2. Randomly stops replying after hours of texting back and forth with no “ttyl.”

3. Only texts you once every few days. 

4. And finally, uses atrocious grammar. Because that matters. 

Dealing with bad texters is frustrating. So what can you do about it? Well, if the person starts the conversation then never follows up or stops answering out of the blue, here are a few options to help you keep the convo going!

First, double text. Then text again. And again. And again. They’ll appreciate the enthusiasm and text you back.

If that doesn’t work, take it up a notch. Try sending a selfie they can’t possibly ignore. 

Then, when they respond asking if you’re still alive, carry on the chat like normal. 

Now if you prefer a more passive aggressive approach, try giving them a taste of their own medicine. If they don’t text you for days, do the same to them. Play hard to get. You’ll have them dying to hear from you. 

If their only texting vice is horrible grammar, the solution is simple! Just correct them until they can’t handle it anymore and learn proper grammar in spite of you. 

In all seriousness though, if you really like talking to this person you could bring up your concerns with them.

They might not even realize you’re frustrated.

If they see how much it bothers you and they still don’t care then…

They aren’t worth your time!

Hey I'm Samantha. I'm working towards a journalism major with a minor in writing. I love photography and writing and I'm so glad I get to combine both through HerCampus. I hope you all enjoy reading my stories as much as I enjoy writing them!
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.