Her Campus Survival Kit: Everything You Wanted and More for Spring Break 2018!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Look no further than Her Campus’ 2018 Survival Kit for your spring break needs! I find that a curated selection of products simplifies life when juggling midterms, booking a trip and trying to pack your bags. Whether you are flying in a plane, riding on a train, hitting the road or planning an awesome staycation, be sure to check out the following products.  An added bonus? All of these products can easily transition into your daily routine too! I especially love the Almay eyeshadow quads! 

Krazy Glue All Purpose Singles  You may be perplexed at first by this one; however, don’t be so quick to dismiss it in lieu of more obvious items to pack. These little guys come in a convenient carrying case. There are four 0.5-gram tubes you can use on the go for travel mishaps or for mess-free crafting. I used one of my tubes to fix an earring that broke at brunch. Then, I used the second tube for something more fun! I assembled paper flowers in preparation for warmer weather. They will be a nice touch for Easter too! This product is a life-saver.   

L’Oréal Paris Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Towelettes While the winter months are festive and full of merry times, one thing they lack in is sun! I feel like a wilted flower by the time March comes around. My skin also reflects the lack of Vitamin D; therefore, to get a nice glow I reach for self-tanning towelettes. I really like L’Oréal’s because they leave me with a natural bronze color versus the Oompa Loompa orange I have experienced with other self-tanners. Just be sure to exfoliate before smoothing the towelette on.   

Alba Botanica Hawaiian Green Tea Sunscreen SPF 45 This one is a no-brainer! While you should already be applying sunscreen every day, it’s an absolute must if you are hitting the beach! Rejoice because Alba’s sunscreen is waterproof! You don’t have to worry about its staying power while catching some waves. In addition to being waterproof, this sunscreen also boasts a healthy formulation. There are no artificial colors, synthetic fragrances, parabens, phthalates or harmful sulfates in this product. The triple threat? This product was not tested on animals! I also love the consistency of the sunscreen. It melts well into the skin versus sitting on top.   

Almay Shadow Squad™ Eyeshadow I could rave about these eyeshadow quads for days, but I won’t do that to you! Here is the lowdown on this amazing product:  –    Each one is a single shade in four different finishes: matte, satin, metallic and glitter  –    They are the perfect size! You could even carry one in your pocket which is a feat since pockets nowadays are more decorative than functional! I have carried mine around in a small clutch too! They really free up space whether it be in your purse, makeup bag or on your bathroom counter.  –    The names are cute!       Ambition      Cause A Stir      Here Goes Nothing (This one is my favorite! The lighter hue really accentuates my baby blues)       Individualist      Less Is More       Making A Statement       Never Settle      Own It      Pure Gold, Baby      The World Is My Oyster      Thrill Seeker       Throwing Shade (This one made me giggle)      Unapologetic      Unicorn      Unplugged  –    There is an eyeshadow for everyone! There are neutral tones for a more subtle look and bolder shades available that really make a statement.   

Buxom Cosmetics Va Va Plump Shiny Liquid Lipstick  This liquid lipstick is perfect to top off any look! I like to apply a wash of champagne shadow on my lids, dust on a little bronzer, swipe on mascara and then apply a coat of this! The shade I use is Wine Me. It is a deep berry color. I love that it glides on nicely and tingles ever so slightly. It makes for the perfect pout. 

Bed Head by TIGI Hair Products The packaging alone made me lust after these products. They are now a part of my beauty arsenal! I like Get Twisted Anti-Frizz Finishing Spray because it effectively fights frizz and sets waves and curls in place. It is especially perfect for sporting beach waves!  It is a must-have for spring break trips to warmer climates. The Superstar Queen for a Day Thickening Spray delivers sweet results (literally). Spritz this berry-scent spray on roots for a natural lift and added texture. 

I hope these products find their way into your carry-ons and bathroom shelves! Have a safe and happy spring break whether it be on the beach or spent on the coziest couch! 

Malorie Newingham is a Fashion Merchandising major at Kent State University. She enjoys biking, hiking, attending concerts, and seeking out yummy new places to eat with friends. She believes traveling is essential because so much of who we are is where we have visited. On campus, you may spot Malorie reading outside of Rockwell Hall or grabbing chai tea with friends. Malorie enjoys writing because she can share her voice with others. As an author for Her Campus, she wants to keep her audience up to date on the latest trends and encourage them to take chances. Malorie hopes to find a job where she has the freedom to roam, hopefully in a Jeep with her black Labrador Bella, and discover local stores, quaint coffee shops, yoga studios, and so much more. She would love to write freelance features for different publications on her experiences. Currently, her favorite websites include Into The Gloss, Byrdie, Outdoor Voices, and The Everygirl.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.