Get to know University Tees Campus Manager, Maria Kuhn

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Ever thought of becoming a Campus Manager for the well-known t-shirt company, University Tees? Her Campus Kent State recently worked with University Tees to make some amazing shirts and after sitting down to chat with Campus Manager, Maria Kuhn, I wish I knew about the fun position!

Let’s get started…

Name: Maria Kuhn

Hometown: Westlake, Ohio- Which Maria says is a suburb of THE great Cleveland

Major: Art History, minoring in Italian Studies and Writing

Age: Just turned 21!

Her Campus: How did you get involved with University Tees?

Maria Kuhn: I heard about it through my great boss who is a Delta Gamma sister, Megan, before she graduated and also through my good friend, Liv Mullen, who was also a Campus Manager. I saw how dedicated and passionate they were about the company! I just decided to throw my hat in the ring and apply out of nowhere.

HC: So, what exactly is a Campus Manager?

MK: Our biggest job is selling t-shirts on campus and trying to get student organizations to work with us for their apparel needs. But, I do not think a lot of people realize the company does a lot more than t-shirts! We can do so much more! We can do designs on sunglasses and hats, I’ve even had one organization reach out to me for Croakies, I didn’t even know we could print on those before them.

HC: Wow! It seems like the options are endless with University Tees! So, what do you like most about being a Campus Manager?

MK: I am involved in a lot of organizations, so one of the biggest selling points of being a Campus Manager is you can make your own hours, which makes it super flexible. I am an RA, so we have office hours we have to go to and I am a sister of Delta Gamma, so we have events we have to go to at certain times. With it being so flexible, I can work on it at midnight when I finish homework or head to bed and do it in the morning.

HC: So, you’re an art history major, do you ever combine your love of art and designing the t-shirts?

MK: Yeah! I do not consider myself an expert t-shirt designer by any means, but it’s funny, people will find out I’m an art history major and always ask for my opinion. They will say things like ‘Oh, can you tell me what you think of this design because you’re artistic.’ I always tell them I don’t do art, I study art, haha, but sure, I can tell you what I think is going to look the best! I feel like it all plays in well together.

HC: How do you balance being a Campus Manager, an RA and a sister of Delta Gamma?

MK: I don’t sleep! No, I’m just kidding! I think it’s all about organization and staying on top of everything. I am the queen of checklists and always having my planner up to date, while managing to look hella cute, if I do say so myself!

HC: What is your biggest goal while working with customers?

MK: It’s all about making your customers happy!

HC: What are five words you would use to describe yourself?

MK: Really outgoing (oh whoops, that’s two!), positive, funny (maybe only to myself, though!), reliable and loyal.

HC: Is there anything else you want our HC readers to know about you?

MK: I really love Drake and I hope he reads this ;)

…We will try to make it happen, Maria. Thank you for chatting with us!

Follow Kent State’s University Tees on Instagram: @Utees_ksu

And follow Maria: @theonlymdk

Danie Minor

Kent State

Hey there! My name is Danie Minor, and I am a recent graduate of Kent State. I was a PR major who minored in Fashion Media Writing. I am currently on the job hunt and would love to work within the lifestyle PR realm. I am a city girl from the D.C. metro area. Make sure you check out my personal blog: Definingdanie.com! You can also find me on socialite @danieminor13!
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.