This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Going into this semester at Kent, I felt confident about all my classes. However as soon as my first week of classes came to an end, I slowly began to realize I set myself up for nothing but stress. Syllabus week (a.k.a the easiest week of the semester), turned out to be nothing but loads of homework. I was already stressed out, so I did what any normal college student would do. I called my mom. After talking it out with her, I decided that it would be best for me to drop a class. Here are five reasons you should drop that one class that’s already causing you problems.

1. You have more time for Netflix

I know this may be a really basic reason, but less homework means less responsibilities. You can finish your favorite show at the moment, or you could make lunch plans with a friend you haven’t seen in a while.

2. You don’t have to walk in the cold

Kent’s spring semester still has all of the coldest months coming up. Plus they never seem to plow the sidewalks. This is one less class you have to brave the cold for. 

3. You have more time for a job

With more time on your hands, you could look for a job! This would also be a good time to start looking for internships. 

4. You can focus more on the classes for your major

If you’re dropping a Kent Core class, you can devote more time to your major and the homework you have to do in those classes. Your major classes should always be a top priority.

5. You feel like an adult

Taking control of you life and schedule can make you feel like a bad ass. You’re doing this to better yourself! It’s a small thing to do, but making these decisions are important.

If these five reasons don’t encourage you to drop that one class, then I don’t know what will!

Junior at Kent State University Fashion Merchandising major with a Fashion Media minor I've been writing for Her Campus for about a year now!
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.