This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

By Tyshaia Earnest

Veganism is becoming more popular on Kent State’s campus. Kent is known for having some of the most vegan-friendly dining halls in the country. That fact could be up for debate seeing as the food options are limited. Don’t get me wrong, there are options; Our markets sell vegan-friendly items all over campus. However, the choices in the dining hall can become repetitive. You may find yourself eating some form of potato four times a week. I notice my roommate, let’s call her Stephanie, eating the same meals and never getting full from her serving. Seeking out a good vegan meal can be time consuming. You will find yourself trying to plan a satisfying meal outside of those rigid hours. If you are up at 1 a.m. studying and develop an urge for a meal what will you do? I hope you are aware that you can prepare all sorts of nutritious foods right in the comforts of your dorm room. Whether you are doing it for health reasons, moral reasons or you are just curious about vegan meals here are three quick and easy vegan meals you can make in your dorm.

Breakfast

Cinnamon Raisin Overnight Oats

This is the perfect meal to start of a cool, fall day. The ingredients are inexpesive and found in your nearest dining hall. You can also eat this as a dessert; It is a sweet substuite for an oatmeal raisin cookie.

Snack

Banana and Peanut Butter Roll Ups

This is the best vegan snack for a college student on a budget.You can chocolate chips if you have a sweet tooth. Also, if you dont like peanut butter switch it out for almond butter. It is super easy and filling until the next meal.

Lunch

Veggie and Hummus Sandwich

A quick meal for when you are on a break between classes. This hummus and veggie filled sandwich provdies all of the protein you need to stay fueled for the rest of your day . You can switch out or add any of your favorite ingredients to complete this refreshing meal. 

Dinner

Vegan Loaded Potato

I know you may be sick of eating a form of a potato, but this recipe is very tasty. A fairly easy recipe to try for your end of the day meal. I mean, who doesnt love a potato jammed packed with all of your savory, nutritous needs? Warning: You may not stop at one serving. It’s okay; Go for seconds! It’s low fat and filled with protein. 

Also, Utilize the Veggie-A-GoGo service offered at Prentice & Eastway and check out PETA’s College Vegan Cookbook

Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.