This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Female rap artist Cardi B is officially making money moves. After the 24-year-old won our attention with the release of her summer anthem “Bodak Yellow,” the song has steadily climbed the Billboard charts. When “Bodak Yellow” hit No.3 on the list she surpassed Nicki Minaj’s rank and became rap’s highest-charting woman since 2014. Then on Monday, September 25 Cardi dethroned Taylor Swift’s “Look What You Made Me Do” single, making her #1 on the Billboard’s Hot 100 list. This is a remarkable achievement because “Bodak Yellow” is the first solo rap single to reach the top of the charts since Lauryn Hill’s 1998 single “Doo Wop” (That Thing). Cardi B made history and is now one of the most well known names in rap. This Bronx girl has a magnetic personality and the real-girl appeal that the music industry needed.

Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.