Campus Cutie: Jon Benjamin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Name: Jon Benjamin
Year: Junior
Major: Double major in Marketing & Economics
Hometown: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio

Her Campus (HC): What activities and clubs are you involved in?
Jon Benjamin (JB): I’m an active brother of Kappa Sigma Fraternity and I’m running for Undergraduate Student Government.

HC: What is your favorite thing about Kent State University?
JB: As cliché as it is, probably Greek Life. I was so against doing until I joined and then I don’t know, it’s opened up a lot of doors and got me really involved on campus, I wouldn’t be running for USG if not for going Greek. I joined just last November and it’s been a game changer.

HC: What is your current relationship status?
JB: I am single!

HC: Describe yourself in one word?
JB: Witty.

HC: Describe your mother in one word?
JB: Caring.

HC: What is your favorite late night snack?
JB: Peanut butter.

HC: Describe the most awkward situation you’ve ever been in?
JB: My senior year of high school I was in show choir and stuff, and my girlfriend at the time was in show choir as well. There was another girl in the show choir who apparently looked a lot like my girlfriend from behind. So we were on stage in the wings ready to go on and perform and I was walking with one of my buddies who pointed her out and so I tried giving her a hug from behind and it was not Hayley. It ended up being my buddy’s girlfriend and she was not a fan of me and freaked out. I just laughed because what can you do at that point but laugh.

HC: What is your dream job?
JB: I don’t really know if there’s a title for it but I want to be important, I want to be respected and make lots of money, live in the city somewhere. Whether that be in marketing or analytics or if I want be a rockstar or something, you know.

HC: Name 3 people you’d like to have dinner with? One living, one dead, and one fictional.
JB: Emma Watson, because I freaking love Emma Watson. Fictional… Frank Underwood from House of cards and dead, Robin Williams. 

HC: What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received?
JB: At karaoke one night, someone told me I should be on Glee.

HC: Who’s your celebrity crush
JB: Emma Watson pretty much takes the cake.

HC: What’s the biggest weakness you have for women?
JB: Probably a sense of humor or someone who can understand my sense of humor, because it can be kind of dry sometimes.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.