Campus Celeb: Chaarg girl, Madison Jordan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Madison Jordan, Junior nutrition major at Kent State is this week’s Her Campus Celebrity! Jordan is the ambassador for a brand new student organization on campus this fall, Chaarg. Check out Her Campus’ sit down with her below: 

Her Campus: Can you explain what Chaarg is? 

Madison Jordan: Chaarg is technically a health and fitness organization for college aged girls, but to me it’s way more than just a health and fitness organization. It’s a way to make friends who are supportive and meet girls who all have the same passions about health and fitness. 

HC: How did you originally get involved with Chaarg?

MJ: I had friends who went to OSU and UC and they were both in it. Chaarg was huge on social media. I followed them and saw how fun it was and how much fun these girls were having, so when they were advertising for new ambassadors…I thought I have to do this. 

HC: Has Chaarg changed you and if so, how? 

MJ: It definitely has… before Chaarg i didn’t really picture myself as someone who could influence other girls and now I see it every day. Girls email me every day saying I’ve helped them and will ask me for advice and even though I’m not a professional I just want to try and help them in any way that I can. I want to help these girls reach their goals.

HC: Speaking of goals, what are your overall goals for Chaarg this semester? 

MJ:  I want to try and reach as many girls as possible and it’s not about being the biggest or the best, but I think we are the biggest, the number doesn’t matter but this is such a positive group that I want every girl to know about it and have the opportunity to be a part of it. 

HC: So, what’s your biggest weakness when it comes to being healthy? 

MC: Self control, because sweets are so tempting. 

HC: Then what’s your favorite cheat food? 

MJ: Ice cream and Froyo like yogurt Vi. 

HC: Yougut Vi is pretty healthy.

MJ: Yeah, but I get all of the oreos, fudge and chocolate I can on top!

HC: What advice do you have for the girls who “cant’ even” when it comes to working out?

MJ: Just do it!

HC: Are you the new spokesperson for Nike? 

MJ: No, but Chaarg is sponsored by Nike so hey! I know there are days where you just don’t want to do anything, but after you JUST DO IT you feel better and more accomplished. 

HC: Why is Chaarg designed only for girls? 

MJ: The big thing is showing girls that there are different ways to work out at the gym because the gym is sometimes scary. Especially at the Kent rec, girls don’t want to go down to the weight room because they’re intimidated. We want to liberate girls in the gym, and help them feel comfortable and do it while having fun.

HC: Can girls still sign up for Chaarg? 

MJ: Yes, memberships are always open. 

HC: What are some of the fun things Chaarg girls can expect to see this semester?

MJ: This semester since we are new on campus we are finding a lot of new studios in the Kent area and one of the things I’m most excited about, is a bowka. It’s a new zealand dance class, kind of like zumba,but different dance moves. There will be a self-defense karate class, which is important for girls–especially on a college campus. There will also be some fun socials that I can’t give details on quite yet.

HC: What’s the one thing, Her Campus readers HAVE to know about Chaarg? 

MJ: Chaarg is for any girl, no matter your fitneess level, no matter if you can lift 100 poiunds or not. It’s for any size and any shape. We justt want to find the happiest and healthiest you whatever that is we want to find your fit !

Chaarg is doing excellent this year and even though it’s their first semester on campus they already have 290 Chaarg girls! To become a Chaarg girl register for a membership here: http://www.chaarg.com/product/kent-state-university-chaarg-membership/

Sophomore, Public relations major at the beautiful, Kent State University. I'm overly involved in extra curriculars and have a 4.0 GPA. Not kidding about being overly involved. Definitely kidding about the 4.0 GPA. I love Greek life, I'm obsessed with John Mayer and most recently my favorite book is "Gone Girl." I have an addictive personality. Which basically means if I like a netflix series, I will be hibernating for the next week until I finish all 6 seasons. If I had 3 wishes, I would wish for world peace, that chipotle would stop being so stingy with their chicken portioning and that I was born with some sort of athletic talent. I love meeting new people and trying new things. The end.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.