7 ways to get fit without leaving your dorm

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you claimed you were going to eat healthy and workout in the New Year and it has yet to happen. Between classes, work, homework and friends trying to find the time to work out is nearly impossible. But, you don’t have to have to go to the gym to exercise; you can workout right in your apartment or dorm room! While working out can sometimes seem like more of a chore than enjoyable, turn on your favorite playlist, grab a friend and these exercise will work their magic. Here are some easy workouts that do not need much room or fancy equipment, but can still keep you in shape for spring break!

1. Squats

Squats are an easy way to work your butt and leg muscles. If regular squats become boring, you can change up the routine by doing jump squats or adding weights if you have them.

2. Ab Toe Touches

Toe Touches are an easy way to work your ab muscles. There is not much variation for this exercise, but you can change it up by having both legs up or switching between one up and one down, shown below.

3. Plank

Another great ab work out is a plank. If you have ever done a plank you understand how they make a minute seem like forever. Luckily, there are several variations such as switching to a side plank or raising your hands as shown below can make them slightly more enjoyable.      

4. Lunges

Much like squats, lunges area another easy and great way to work those leg and booty muscles. You can have variation with adding a jump or weights.

5. Burpees

Burpees are a great way to get some cardio in and get your heart rate up. While these are a great workout, there is little variation and they can tire you out  quickly. Just power through them thinking of the benefit they will have on your body.

6. Glute bridges

These are another good exercise for the leg and butt muscles; if done right can be felt in your abs as well. These can be varied from just a basic bridge to a bridge march, shown below.

7. Jumping jacks

Jumping jacks are a great way to sneak in some cardio. They are easy enough to do first thing when you get up in the morning or right before you go to bed.

Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.