This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Who doesn’t love to lounge by the pool on a nice sunny, summer day with a cool glass of fresh lemonade in one hand and an amazing book in the other? I know this is how I like to spend my free time when I’m not on the clock. Reading is one of my favorite getaways, and I have five of the best summer reads for you – all romance, of course. Those are the best novels to read in the summertime!

The Summer I turned Pretty by Jenny Han

This trilogy is hands down the best series I have ever read. It puts you in all the feels. It is about Isabel Conklin, aka Belly, goes to her mom’s best friend, Beck’s, beach house every summer. Belly has been in love with Conrad Fisher, one Beck’s sons, for as long as she can remember. Belly has always been outcast by her older brother and Beck’s two sons because of how young she was, but this summer is different. The boys are looking at her differently, and she might just have a chance with Conrad.

To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han

Another great novel by Jenny Han. To All the Boy’s I’ve Loved Before is about Lara Jean Song Covey who writes love letters to all of the boys she’s loved, but one day the letters she’s keep hidden get sent out. Now a once invisible girl has to deal with all the backlash. Although, there is one good thing that comes from it, Peter Kavinsky. This novel is soon to be a film on Netflix and I highly recommend reading the novel before it comes out on August 17th!

26 Kisses by Anna Michels

26 Kisses is a fun summer adventure following Veda, who is getting over a break up with her ex-boyfriend by kissing her way through the alphabet. Veda decided the best way to put her relationship behind her is to get a little wild. Veda has been with Mark for as long as she’s known, and it is time for her to experience what it’s like to be single. Her plan is to kiss 26 boys with 26 different names, one for each letter of the alphabet.

Alex Approximately by Jenn Bennet

We’ve all had those fake online accounts when we were younger, but when Bailey uses a fake name to talk to a stranger online she didn’t realize she might develop a crush on him or meet him in real life. Bailey is moving in with her dad in a tiny surf city in California, which happens to be the same place as her online crush lives. Bailey is on a secret mission to find out who he is. Will she find him, or will she find a different love to take his place?

One of Us is Lying by Karen M. Mcmanus

This is for my ladies who love romance with a little twist. This novel follows four character’s story lines to uncover the murder of their classmate Simon. All four of the students were in detention with Simon when he died. Did one of them do it? You must read this one to find out! You’ll be turning pages to get to the bottom of it and also to see the relationship of Nate and Bronwyn, two of the students suspected for the murder. Is this a Bonnie and Clyde thing? You’ll find out.

I hope these romance novels put you in the mood… to read more of course! I can’t wait to share with you all the books I’ve been loving next time! 

Shelby Rabideaux is currently attending Kent State University. She is majoring in Digital Media Production and will have a minor in Fashion Media. Her love for entertainment and film came from actively going to concerts. She currently is on a TV show called The Blurb that focuses on entertainment news that her school produces. She dreams to be able to inspire others like how she was inspired. Shelby is currently the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Kent State and the President where she strives to share her love for Her Camps with the Kent community. 
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.