This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kean chapter.

Still don’t know what to do on Spring Break? What about helping the community? The Center of Leadership and Service is in need of people like you, who doesn’t know yet what to do on Spring Break. It is a great opportunity and a meaningful experience. The only fee you have to pay is $50, if you get approved by CLS. Your experience will start at 7:00am March 10 till the 14th. Students volunteering will be provided with transportation, lodging and food all the 4 days of the service. The only requirement is to lift heavy stuff, and do some general labor like debris removing, painting, sheet rock removal, etc. The goal is to assist with the rebuild of homes of low income, elderly and the disable victims after Hurricane Sandy. Also have a role as volunteerism in society. It would be great to mention in an internship that you have experience hands on what volunteer is all about. There would be an Orientation Meeting at March 5th to review the plans and more details on the Alternative Spring Break. So if you think you are able to help out, what you waiting for? Get the application on Cougar Link. Good Luck. 

Photo credit

www.kean.edu

I received my Associate's degree in Liberal Arts Journalism at Middlesex County College. I have a variety of Journalism experience. I was in charge of children's newsletter at a summer camp program. I worked on a news report at MCC about a program called "Give Kids a Smile" and this program provided free dental care to children. I am great at digital photography, interviewing, and networking. I also wrote for two school newspapers.The first was "Quo Vadis" for Middlesex County College. I am currently a second time writer for "The Tower" newspaper at Kean. I am currently the Vice President of Her Campus for the Fall semester 2013 and during the Spring I will be the President of Her Campus Kean magazine. This May 2014 I will be graduating with my Bachelor's degree in Communications/ Journalism.