kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Q and A with Ashley Buchanan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kean chapter.

What is your major? “For now its Education and Psychology, but I am having some second thoughts and might just convert back to being solely a psychology major since that’s where my heart truly lies.”

School year? “I am a second semester freshmen (:”

Top Favorite television shows this year? “I am not one to watch much t.v. but when I do it was Wednesday nights to watch American Horror Story The Coven. Honestly, I think most people will agree with me when I say it was absolutely aaaaamaaaaazzzing! I also started getting into a t.v. series on Netflix called, Beauty and The Beast.  Most of the shows that I do enjoy watching contain magical/paranormal/witchy elements; they feed the dreamer in me.”

What are some of your favorite music genres?  “All music is beautiful in its own way. I appreciate every genre, but I believe my absolute favorite type that fills my iTunes library is Alternative.”

Favorite quote of all time: “Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful day of your life.” ― Mark Twain

What are some of my favorite hobbies? “This may sound crazy…but exercising is definitely one of my favorite pastimes. Nothing makes me happier then releasing my negative energy into an intense workout. When I am not running or at the gym I will most likely be at home curled up in my bed reading a good book.”

Which celebrity do you find most attractive and why? “Oh darn this is tough…I have two: Channing Tatum and Matthew Grey from Criminal Minds.  Channing Tatum captivates my heart because of his physical features and the daring/romatic roles he plays in movies, where as Matthew grey captures my heart with his intelligence and his cute awkward self ughhh,….I just love him.” 

What is one quality you think a great man should have? “A good heart. I want a man who will inspire me through his actions just as much I hope to inspire him through mine.”

Pet Peve: “My absolute pet peeve is when people chew with their mouth open! Gentlemen, please don’t do this, I beg of you.”

Relationship status: “It’s complicated.”

I received my Associate's degree in Liberal Arts Journalism at Middlesex County College. I have a variety of Journalism experience. I was in charge of children's newsletter at a summer camp program. I worked on a news report at MCC about a program called "Give Kids a Smile" and this program provided free dental care to children. I am great at digital photography, interviewing, and networking. I also wrote for two school newspapers.The first was "Quo Vadis" for Middlesex County College. I am currently a second time writer for "The Tower" newspaper at Kean. I am currently the Vice President of Her Campus for the Fall semester 2013 and during the Spring I will be the President of Her Campus Kean magazine. This May 2014 I will be graduating with my Bachelor's degree in Communications/ Journalism.