Kean University Fashion: Cultural Fusion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kean chapter.

The African Student Association hosted “Cultural Fusion,” a fashion show mixing traditional and urban clothing, along with traditional dance to urban music Friday night in Wilkens Theater. The show opened (after a role call of nationalities) with an African  Dance Troupe, while models walked through their routine. The fashion was provided by local and student designers. But it wasn’t all about the fashion. Girls went crazy when a male model took off his shirt. Guys went crazy for a sassy walk. But all in all, the clothes (or in some cases lack there-of) made the show. 

Stephanie Musat is a senior journalism major at Kean University. She is currently the online editor for The Tower, Kean University's student newspaper, and has previously served as the editor in chief of The Daily Orange, the independent student newspaper of Syracuse, New York. Able to recite every word in Love Actually, she appreciates the King's English, but wants to clarify that spelling favorite as 'favourite' doesn't make you cool or British. Stephanie believes a cup of tea can cure anything, has an affinity for wearing sequins, and she loves her cat, Truman, more than any human (just don't tell her mom.)