This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kean chapter.

Last Thursday Kean students got to celebrate some good weather with friends, free food and free prizes at the Kean University Block Party. Among our fellow students many showed up to the event in style. Here’s what these fashionable students had to say about their outfits and unique style.

“As a musician I like to make sure my style is expressed through my clothing and my music. I would describe it as laid back but with a touch of class.”

“I would like to say my style is very strong and punk but I like to be relaxed and comfortable which my DocMartens definitely help me do, because even though I like to look cute it’s hard to do it between classes.”

“This trench coat has been perfect in my spring wardrobe because of how easy it is to match everything. It especially goes great with my striped shirt. Most of my outfit is from H&M.”

“Patterned blazers are a trend I’m loving now. It’s a timeless piece with extra edge that allows you to dress up or down any outfit. It goes along with my style pretty well and surprisingly I got it from Forever21.”

Here’s to wishing everyone good luck with finals and a great summer break. If your grades are anything like Kean Universities style, they’ll be sure to end up flawless.

I received my Associate's degree in Liberal Arts Journalism at Middlesex County College. I have a variety of Journalism experience. I was in charge of children's newsletter at a summer camp program. I worked on a news report at MCC about a program called "Give Kids a Smile" and this program provided free dental care to children. I am great at digital photography, interviewing, and networking. I also wrote for two school newspapers.The first was "Quo Vadis" for Middlesex County College. I am currently a second time writer for "The Tower" newspaper at Kean. I am currently the Vice President of Her Campus for the Fall semester 2013 and during the Spring I will be the President of Her Campus Kean magazine. This May 2014 I will be graduating with my Bachelor's degree in Communications/ Journalism.