Jersey Finest : Unsigned Talent Anonymous_XI

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kean chapter.

Finished giving “NWTS” a spin? Drake’s senior album had our heads bobbing. J Cole made everyone embrace their flaws through his latest debut “Born Sinner”. The multitude wasn’t in shock when Kanye West took an experimental turn in “Yeezus”.

These names may fling up fluently amongst students at Kean University. People need to know that there is a whole other world hidden like “Metropolis”. You think B.O.B can spit? Wait to you hear the lyricism of Anonymous_XI !

“Using our spirits, writing out our lyrics, open up your heart, hoping that you hear it!” Anonymous_XI repeatedly shouts out in his latest visual “Acts 1:8”.

I know, I know, no I’m not talking about another Datpiff groupie. Anonymous_XI has tremendous bars and his flow would make anyone run for their coats!

“ What sets me apart from other artist is creating an honest balance between what people want to hear and living an authentic lifestyle.” Anonymous_XI states.

Anonymous_XI has a really unique sound and his lyrical content points towards the Creator.  Not a lot of rappers are breaking barriers between spirituality and hip hop.

Just because poppin’ “mollies” and drinking “lean” are constantly encouraged through some rap artists, doesn’t mean hip hop as a whole can’t donate positivity in the community.

“Rap breaks away from stereotypes of what people see. Education wise, rap gives you space for critical thinking and forces people to break barriers. Rap will definitely educate some people.” Anonymous_XI says.

The next thing on Anonymous_XI mind is spittin’ at Kean University and allowing the crowd to feel the vibe of “Community Music”, which is his record label.

Anonymous_XI would like to thank Kean University, Hope Agbo, his family, friends, “Community Music” and God for continually supporting the Movement of Music he is creating.

22 year old Psychology Major at Kean University Passion for Poetry Freelance Writer Song Writer
I received my Associate's degree in Liberal Arts Journalism at Middlesex County College. I have a variety of Journalism experience. I was in charge of children's newsletter at a summer camp program. I worked on a news report at MCC about a program called "Give Kids a Smile" and this program provided free dental care to children. I am great at digital photography, interviewing, and networking. I also wrote for two school newspapers.The first was "Quo Vadis" for Middlesex County College. I am currently a second time writer for "The Tower" newspaper at Kean. I am currently the Vice President of Her Campus for the Fall semester 2013 and during the Spring I will be the President of Her Campus Kean magazine. This May 2014 I will be graduating with my Bachelor's degree in Communications/ Journalism.