Healthy Tip #1 Wake Me Up! Pre-Workout Deliciousness

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kean chapter.

For those of you who work out and hit the gym 5 – 6 times per week and are in need for a lightweight pick me up meal before you sweat those abs out, consider this!

2 cups of plain, NO SUGAR yogurt – classic or Greek – whichever satisfies those taste buds. A small handful of granola, and some added fresh berries will do. I generally put blueberries and a hint of strawberries with some variation at times, but you can add whichever succulent berries you wish. Add honey for a satisfyingly sweet taste that is completely natural – good for you too. This meal is not too heavy or light and gives the perfect amount of fat, carbs, and energy to fuel your workout. Your added bonus, antioxidants!

You don’t have to be a hardcore gym buff to eat this. It’s a perfect pick me up for lunch or in between meals. The trick is to eat this more during the day when your metabolism is revved up rather than at night before bed.

Ingredients:

– 2 cups – plain yogurt, no sugar added

– 1/2 cup – granola ( If you’re on a fixed budget and don’t have regular granola you can buy granola bars, i.e, natures valley or store brand, crush them up and sprinkle it into your yogurt)

– Unlimited – fresh berries ( blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, etc) (Farmers market has the best prices)

– Unlimited – honey (sweeten the meal to your liking)

For more tips like these follow my blogs on Her Campus Kean!

I received my Associate's degree in Liberal Arts Journalism at Middlesex County College. I have a variety of Journalism experience. I was in charge of children's newsletter at a summer camp program. I worked on a news report at MCC about a program called "Give Kids a Smile" and this program provided free dental care to children. I am great at digital photography, interviewing, and networking. I also wrote for two school newspapers.The first was "Quo Vadis" for Middlesex County College. I am currently a second time writer for "The Tower" newspaper at Kean. I am currently the Vice President of Her Campus for the Fall semester 2013 and during the Spring I will be the President of Her Campus Kean magazine. This May 2014 I will be graduating with my Bachelor's degree in Communications/ Journalism.