This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kean chapter.

Kean University is full of student leaders who excel both on campus and off. Jonathan Wortman is one of these students. Jonathan is a fourth year global fitness and wellness major. A member of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Incorporated, Jonathan enjoys going to other schools and experiencing the way Greek life is portrayed in these different locations. Jonathan prides himself in serving the community and is the Community Service Coordinator for his fraternity. The community service does not stop here though as Jonathan also mentors with the Sigma Beta Club. As a mentor in this club, Jonathan goes to high schools and help young men better themselves.

Not only is Jonathan an active member in his fraternity, but he is also president of Greek Senate. In addition to being Greek Senate president, Jonathan is also on the leadership council of Kean University where he works with different departments on the Kean campus. As lengthy as these leadership roles seem, Jonathan is also a member of the African Student Association, West Indian Culture Club and second vice president of the Union County and Vicinity Sickle Cell Anemia Group. Moreover, Jonathan coaches basketball in Bloomfield New Jersey.

Even with all his involvement, Jonathan still finds time to watch his sports. In terms of football, Jonathan enjoys watching the Greenbay Packers. In terms of basketball and in contrary belief, Jonathan is a Detroit Piston fan. When it comes to baseball Jonathan enjoys both the New York Mets and Boston Redsocks.

Every great leader has encountered a person in life that they look to for guidance and Jonathan is no different. “When I feel bad or down I remember my high school coach saying things will get better”. I’m assuming this how Jonathan copes when times get tough. “I truly care for Kean University and want to see it grow, especially the relationship between students and administrators”.   

Brent Clarke Communication / Media Major N.Y. Jets Detroit Pistons Beta Kappa Psi Black and Latino Fraternity Inc. Director of Public Relations West Indian Culture Club "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard" Instagram - @el_hombre_clarke
I received my Associate's degree in Liberal Arts Journalism at Middlesex County College. I have a variety of Journalism experience. I was in charge of children's newsletter at a summer camp program. I worked on a news report at MCC about a program called "Give Kids a Smile" and this program provided free dental care to children. I am great at digital photography, interviewing, and networking. I also wrote for two school newspapers.The first was "Quo Vadis" for Middlesex County College. I am currently a second time writer for "The Tower" newspaper at Kean. I am currently the Vice President of Her Campus for the Fall semester 2013 and during the Spring I will be the President of Her Campus Kean magazine. This May 2014 I will be graduating with my Bachelor's degree in Communications/ Journalism.