freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

The Single’s Guide To Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KCL chapter.

Sometimes Valentine’s Day sucks when you’ve got no one to spend it with, but there’s no rule saying that the couples should get all the fun. Consider the following as silver linings to being single on Valentine’s Day…

1) You can buy all the reduced chocolate that wasn’t bought by couples, and you don’t have to share it with anyone.

2) You don’t have to worry about planning a perfect date or how much it’s going to cost you – save the money and spend the evening having some you time where you read your favourite book or watch your favourite film.

3) No one else gets a say in what you watch on Netflix. Rewatch Stranger Things? Binge watch Friends? There’s nothing in your way.

4) Singles nights at bars or clubs aren’t all that bad! Sometimes the drinks are reduced, and you never know who you might meet.

5) That bath you keep saying you’ll treat yourself to? You can finally pop a bath bomb in the water and relax.

6) No one is going to make you listen to them babble on about their relationship, because it’s not nice to make a single person feel bad on February 14th…

Whilst it might seem like today is all about romance and couples, there’s still plenty of chance for you to make the most of it yourself. Who knows what’ll happen next year when it comes to romance, but for now the only person you need to love is you!

King's College London English student and suitably obsessed with reading to match. A city girl passionate about LGBTQ+ and women's rights, determined to leave the world better than she found it.